Walnut Corner Cabinet
Great piece. I like the reveal at the legs to the body of the cabinet, a subtle design choice with a great impact.
Let me add to the congratulations! Richly deserved for a very classy piece. Well done sir!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Beautiful work John. Do you worry about the drawer torquing on a single undermount? Not sure what else you could've done though - maybe increase the bottom thickness to avoid the twist?
Very nice work, John.
You hit it out of the park with that one. Very well done.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(05-06-2020, 06:46 AM)mpmiller Wrote: Beautiful work John. Do you worry about the drawer torquing on a single undermount? Not sure what else you could've done though - maybe increase the bottom thickness to avoid the twist?

Thanks everyone.  About the drawer.  I really wanted to use a pivoting drawer but I would have had to use an inset drawer to do that which would have changed the look I was after on the front.  Then I thought about using a rectangular drawer box with two undermount slides, but realized you would be able to see the back of the slides when the drawer is open.  So that left me with the pie shaped drawer and a single undermount slide.  I had to get a little creative to keep the drawer from wobbling, as you anticipated.  Normally, single mount drawers have plastic guides attached to the cabinet for the sides of the drawer to run on, but with my pie shaped drawer that doesn't work.  So I installed the guides to the bottom of the sides at the furthest extension of the drawer.  That keeps the drawer from wobbling at full extension but it doesn't necessarily keep the reveal constant around the front when it's closed, and won't if the load in the drawer is unbalanced.  So I added some shop made guides where the sides meet the back of the drawer front to keep the drawer oriented correctly at full closure and it works quite well.  The drawer won't get much use anyway, more decorative than utilitarian.  

John
Beautiful work and design.

I am just getting into vacuum presses and eventually would like to do some curve work. So far I have stuck to flat panel veneering.

Also, I’m currently building a couple of walnut bedside tables and planned to finish with Osmo oil. Your method gives me something to think about.
John
So confused; I replied to this back when you posted.  Must've been gremlins.  There's no way I just didn't click the 'post' button
Uhoh .

A great piece and I can easily visualize where it will live.  Cool feature on the drawer pull direction.  Great design, execution and color as others who remembered to click 'post' have already said
Big Grin .  I always enjoy your work. I really like the fact that you have a personal connection with the material source. I find this makes something I build particularly special to me.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Beautiful piece John! I gotta do another bent lamination project soon.
Really nice job John !!!!

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.