Milwaukee M18 air compressor
I got an advertisement for the Milwaukee M18 air compressor:  https://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m18-fuel-...40-052020/

It claims to be able to drive up to 1,600 nails per charge. 

Does that make more sense than a cordless nail gun?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
If I'm going to carry a compressor and a hose and a nail gun....  and a charger for the battery, why not just carry an extension cord as well?
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
I guess if you are off the grid.  Perhaps new home construction with no electrical. 

I would prefer the cordless guns myself.  But cordless guns cost about $300.00 each.  If you have a pin nailer, a 18 gage nailer, a 15 gage nailer and a framing nailer, this would be cost effective.
I would think thatd be useful in trim carpentry or repair jobs. For example, I helped a buddy install chair rail moulding in one of his 2nd floor rooms. I had to drag out my smaller 8 gallon compressor and lengthy hose. This may have been much more conveneient for such a small job.
(05-06-2020, 11:20 PM)Cian Wrote: I would think thatd be useful in trim carpentry or repair jobs.  For example, I helped a buddy install chair rail moulding in one of his 2nd floor rooms. I had to drag out my smaller 8 gallon compressor and lengthy hose.  This may have been much more conveneient for such a small job.

I have a Porter-Cable pancake compressor.  This would be more convenient.  But would it make more sense to get a battery powered nail gun?  That would be hose free, electric line free.  They cost about $300.00 each gun.  So this would be a cheaper option if you needed to buy or replace a lot of guns.  I don't think it would have to CFMs to power my palm nailer though.  (If you are building a deck, the palm nailer is a god-send.)