Funeral urns
Just in time for the pandemic. Hopefully they gather a lot of dust before they get any ashes put inside.

I get the tool box. My wife gets the other.

Attached Files Image(s)

IMHO you are getting the coolest one, hands down.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
How did you come up with the needed volume?
I have followed the guideline of 1 cubic inch per pound and this has always been a bit more than adequate.

Great looking urns Hairy. The tool box is too cool.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Is the one with the drawers for a family??

That is some very wonderful figured wood there.
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thank you all!

Correct about sizing an urn.

Drawers are not real drawers.

Attached Files Image(s)

To cool, nice work.

How did you fasten the tops down?

Ed
Harry,

Very nice pieces.

Around here at least ashes are returned in a standard size plastic box so I size the urn so the box can just be slid in. This way there's no calculations needed and a second advantage is in cases where the deceased's loved one would find it emotionally difficult to handle the bag of ashes they can just slide the box into the urn and close the bottom. It does result in a slightly larger box but since I often am making an urn for a friend of a friend (this is a ministry I have so there is never a charge) it lets me build the urn without having to bother the bereaved other than if there is a preference of wood.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski