Farmhouse table
Well it’s been a long time since I posted here. Woodworking was put on the back burner for a number of years as my new hobby of beer brewing took its place. Since we moved to a smaller house two years ago, brewing stopped and I spent my time working in the house. Now that all of the major remodeling is complete, I’ve been working on getting my shop back on order. First project was a farmhouse table. I acquired some old planks from a job I was running about 4 years ago. 2-3/4” thick and 9-1/4” wide. They were laid across steel beams as a subfloor for 1x4’s and toe nailed together. Lengths varies from 6 - 11’ long. I used 4 of the shorter ones to make a table 36” wide and 64” long. I made provisions for extensions on the ends to use when necessary. I’ll post more later, but here are some pictures to start.

Attached Files Image(s)

Time is not measured by a watch, but by moments.
Another picture of the table.

Attached Files Image(s)

Picture of the legs

Attached Files Image(s)

Well shoot.  Don't know how to rotate the pictures.  I'll have to try later.
Nice rustic piece. I love the rustic style. Not for every one or every style home, but it is my favorite. Great job.
Well I can't figure out how to rotate the pictures.  It may be the way I originally took the picture.  If anyone has any tips on posting them not sideways, let me know.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is one showing the legs and the stretcher.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some more info on the table.  The wood is some type of pine / fir.  I counted 100 rings on one of them, and the rings were tight.  Definitely old growth.  The planks were toe nailed together and to get them off the beam, I ran a sawzall between them to cut the nails.  I used a nail set to tap out the half with the head on.  For the point end of the nail, I chipped away the wood and used end nippers to pull the nail.  These were the edges that I glued together, so I didn't worry about how it looked.  On the two exposed long edges, I pulled the head end and tapped in the pointed end.  If you look at the side pics, can still see them.  I used clear epoxy to fill all the voids I created by pulling the nails.  Finish was a light wipe with dark walnut Danish oil and then several coats of Minwax satin poly.  I sanded between coats and then wiped on the last one.  It came out smooth even with all the saw marks.  I hit the legs with stain also, but did not use any poly on them since the will not be subject to wear.  My son and I weighed the table and it comes in at 225 pounds.
Great looking table!  It is a delight working with reclaimed wood!  You do not have to worry about dings.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Love how you preserved the character of that reclaimed wood. Great job!
John