Plane Making
I did not abandon this project. I had two other projects to get done, but now I am at another standstill until I can get a quality counterbore that will cut steel. I ruined the one that I had. 

I am at the point where I need to finish the blade which includes tapering the sides slightly, heat treating, and sharpening. I need to counter bore the skates and drill the holes for the screws, and attach them. 

I finally finished the plane. Well I need to do some final tuning and apply some finish to it, but it cuts grooves perfectly.

I cut the cove detail with a round from a H&R set I made a few years ago.   

There is a V groove in the bottom of the iron that gets captured by the front edge of the rear skate.

Test groove in some scrap

Looks mighty fine Scoony. Good work
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That looks great. Looks like fun, too!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(06-24-2020, 07:52 PM)Scoony Wrote: I finally finished the plane. Well I need to do some final tuning and apply some finish to it, but it cuts grooves perfectly.

I cut the cove detail with a round from a H&R set I made a few years ago.   

There is a V groove in the bottom of the iron that gets captured by the front edge of the rear skate.

Test groove in some scrap
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to be able to make your own tools !!!!!!!!
Winkgrin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Very nice.  Something to be proud of.
Wow. That some nice work.