WTB: Figured, HARD short cutoff
My police officer brother contacted me about finding a piece of wood for a project. He wants to make a small tray to live on the window lodge above his sink as a place to put his car keys/wallet/ uniform pins.  He said he wants something with interesting grain/pattern and high in hardness so that his pins/keys dont scratch it up.   

Size wise he was thinking  between 4/4-5/4x 5"x10".  I'm attaching a picture that he shared with me of what he is wanting. 

I asked him to give me a couple  examples to post here and he came back with: Zebrawood, Olive, Cocobolo , quilted bubinga and canary wood.  

If you have some cutoffs that meet these specs that you are willing to part with we would be glad to take a look at what you have.  Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

~ Chris
Woodpecker tools has some olive wood. Woodcraft probably has the others. I would probably get the turning blanks cause most are about 12 inches. Plus they are already surfaced
I have a bunch of african blackwood 1-3/8" turning squares. Can't get much harder than that. Also have some figured turning squares.
Cellulose runs through my veins!