Karl is at it again - new Block Plane
(05-20-2020, 10:09 AM)AHill Wrote: I neglected to choose a blade steel option to see availability.  It's cheaper cousin, the DX60, is currently out of stock but the website claims they'll be available on 30 June.

The NX60 is back in production (at least, on the schedule) - internal dates show June 30th - but that is subject to production capacity. Our plan is to re-introduce in the fall. We have already run the first 50 through - but scrapped them all.... not happy with the polishing.

Cheers,

Rob
(and no - you can't have one of the scrapped ones....
Smile )
(05-20-2020, 10:26 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: (and no - you can't have one of the scrapped ones....
Smile )

No problem, just send me two! 
Laugh

Glad to hear they are returning soon!
(05-20-2020, 10:26 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: The NX60 is back in production (at least, on the schedule) - internal dates show June 30th - but that is subject to production capacity. Our plan is to re-introduce in the fall. We have already run the first 50 through - but scrapped them all.... not happy with the polishing.

Cheers,

Rob
Smile )

BUMMER!!!!!!!
Angry
Angry
Rolleyes
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(05-20-2020, 10:26 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: The NX60 is back in production (at least, on the schedule) - internal dates show June 30th - but that is subject to production capacity. Our plan is to re-introduce in the fall. We have already run the first 50 through - but scrapped them all.... not happy with the polishing.

Cheers,

Rob
Smile )

Well then, maybe there will be 50 available on Black Monday - or whatever they call it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill

Cheers,

Rob
Smile )

I do have something special for the return....

One of the first ones made has been sitting on a windowsill outside my house....Since Nov 2009. It's no longer shiny - a chocolate brown - but I believe the surface is just a thin layer of oxide. It should clean up nicely. I did test a spot at about 5 years or so. and it was fine....

You know you have a lot of planes when you have to store them outside....
Wink

Cheers - 

Rob
I have to say that the Lee Valley plane looks to be a better shape for one-handed use.  Pretty damned sleek.
(05-20-2020, 05:31 PM)CStan Wrote: I have to say that the Lee Valley plane looks to be a better shape for one-handed use.  Pretty damned sleek.

I don’t have an NX60 but am a very pleased owner of a DX60.  It is superb. It would be hard for me to believe another block plane could be that much better.  I treat it as a very small smoother.