Blue Spruce Toolworks Issue: Resolved
Anyone else having issues with orders from Blue Spruce?  When Dave Jeske ran the business, I had no issues.
Now that the business has been sold: not so much.
Placed an order in January for a chisel.
Still waiting.
Yes, COVID has slowed things up.
Just curious if others have had similar issues.
(05-20-2020, 05:48 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Anyone else having issues with orders from Blue Spruce?  When Dave Jeske ran the business, I had no issues.
Now that the business has been sold: not so much.
Placed an order in January for a chisel.
Still waiting.
Yes, COVID has slowed things up.
Just curious if others have had similar issues.

I've been wondering the same thing. I emailed a simple question sometime last year. Never heard back. That would not have happened under Dave's reign.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Never dealt with this business but I can feel your pain.  Ordered a carbide forstner bit for a task, shipped on 4/15 with an expected delivery date 4/21-4/23, shipper was USPS and confirmed picked it up.  Went into na-na land till it finally came in 5/15.  Thing is it was shipped from Calif with a destination of Mn.  Other than it being picked up, couldn't find out a thing on it's status or where it spent it's vacation.
We have been receiving a lot of packages to the wrong address. I can only think the carriers have trouble reading or are really new to the work. The Blue Spruce observations are some different and don't bode well.

The gourmet coffee we received didn't taste so good. Hopefully, the maple syrup is better. Seller said keep the mis-delivery.
I ordered a bevel gauge in March and at the time it was expected to ship late April, and it arrived as promised. Looking at their site today, they are pretty up front that things are delayed because of stay at home orders, and they give projected dates for when products will be available e.g. the coping saw is late September. I say this is due more to the world we live in today than an issue with Dave no longer the owner.
The lack of responses is worrisome. The delays would probably have happened under Dave's charge, since he would send out his handles and mallets to get the resin treatment. Since manufacturing moved to Woodpeckers facilities in Ohio, it's hostage to their COVID-19 restrictions. Woodpeckers' website says manufacturing is limited due to Ohio Stay-At-Home orders, but they are taking orders. I wonder if Blue Spruce's customer service moved to Ohio when it was sold to Woodpeckers. Customer service folks may not be allowed back to work.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I believe Blue Spruce manufacturing has remained in Oregon, at least my bevel gauge shipped from Sandy, OR. The phone number, however, was the same as Woodpeckers Ohio location, which would make me think that’s where Blue Spruce customer service is located now.
(05-21-2020, 07:25 AM)Greg Jones Wrote: I believe Blue Spruce manufacturing has remained in Oregon, at least my bevel gauge shipped from Sandy, OR. The phone number, however, was the same as Woodpeckers Ohio location, which would make me think that’s where Blue Spruce customer service is located now.

I've been informed that their mfg is indeed in Ohio at this point. My purchase was identified as shipping from Oregon, but sadly that never happened.
Issue resolved. We made lemonade out of lemons.
Thanks for posting the follow up.  So often, we hear the grump, but not the good outcome (when it is good).