Quiet Air Compressor for Shop Blow Out
Wait am I trapped in an old paradigm?
All the big shops I've worked for decades ago would use a big air compressor for cleaning up. 

Has the electric leaf blower taken this roll?
(05-23-2020, 07:41 AM)Murray M Wrote: .

So nobody regularly blows out their shop?

yes. with a leaf blower.
Anything around 4cfm at 90 psi or better will be powerful enough. The bigger the tank, the less the compressor will run. When it comes to sound, 90db or over is horrible, anywhere in the 80s is kinda average. To get in the 70s or below, it will cost you.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
I have a 15 gal Dewalt and it's very quiet - comparatively. 5 CFM @ 90 psi, 78 dBA. It's not something you throw into the back of your pickup truck, but it does the job. I believe I got mine at Home Depot.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(05-23-2020, 02:38 PM)tomsteve Wrote: yes. with a leaf blower.

lol
Ah - you are looking for a dust dispersal system rather than a dust collection system. I used to employ an electric leaf blower for the task. Where I live now, that would not be a neighborly act so I now collect dust.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I use my 20v cordless blowers to clean up in my shop.  The small blower to blow off tools and benches and the big cordless leaf blower to clean the whole shop with the doors open.   Since I bought them a few years ago, I've never used the compressor for that use since.    Wonderful tools.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I can recommend the Emax 7.5hp screw compressor 120 gallon with air dryer. It is single phase 220v as well. It will do anything you and 6 other guys all need to do at the same time.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(05-25-2020, 12:00 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I can recommend the Emax 7.5hp screw compressor 120 gallon with air dryer. It is single phase 220v as well. It will do anything you and 6 other guys all need to do at the same time.

lol. 
I want two of those...
I do have several other large tanks in the setup so its kinda similar.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.