Bending PEX with heat
Cut it with the Dremel, which was easier than I anticipated, crimped a new clamp, no leaks.  Amazing stuff that PEX.

Thanks for all the input.  On to the black and gray water gate valves that don’t move as easily as they should.  
Sick
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(06-03-2020, 06:41 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:                 As for copper.... If it was built in the last 20 ish years or so with copper I would be worried. There has been allot of houses built with poor quality copper tubing over that time. My parents neighbors were one of the unlucky that their house was built with the junk copper.
Assuming we're talking about the same thing.

Pretty sure the bad copper pipe was used around 1980-82. Copper prices went up and thin wall pipe was used in homes. Thinner than Type-M. As soon as copper prices went down they stopped using it. It wasn't long before it started splitting and developing pin holes. Most of it has been replaced but in some homes, they just keep replacing as needed.

BTW, I haven't seen a new home in the last 10 years or so where copper distribution pipe is used. It's either Pex or something like it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(06-06-2020, 09:26 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Assuming we're talking about the same thing.

Pretty sure the bad copper pipe was used around 1980-82. Copper prices went up and thin wall pipe was used in homes. Thinner than Type-M. As soon as copper prices went down they stopped using it. It wasn't long before it started splitting and developing pin holes. Most of it has been replaced but in some homes, they just keep replacing as needed.

BTW, I haven't seen a new home in the last 10 years or so where copper distribution pipe is used. It's either Pex or something like it.

There was a bunch of bad copper in houses in the 90s as well. The plumber that replumbed my parents neighbors house said that bad copper keeps them very busy.