Handworks 2020 cancelled
Case rate in my part of CA is still climbing with the same slope it has always had, as is the death rate. So, I'm not sure that we have figured out how to protect the vulnerable. CNN just ran an article about a study that said that fast folks with diabetes were 14 times more likely to die within 7 days. I am staying at home. It may be cowardice but I prefer to call it prudence. At least, I'm not our rioting and looting.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(05-31-2020, 08:13 PM)cputnam Wrote: Case rate in my part of CA is still climbing with the same slope it has always had, as is the death rate.  So, I'm not sure that we have figured out how to protect the vulnerable.  CNN just ran an article about a study that said that fast folks with diabetes were 14 times more likely to die within 7 days.  I am staying at home.  It may be cowardice but I prefer to call it prudence.  At least, I'm not our rioting and looting.

"fast folks with diabetes" sounds like either auto-correct or the word nanny did something strange to what you wrote.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(06-06-2020, 09:51 PM)iclark Wrote: "fast folks with diabetes" sounds like either auto-correct or the word nanny did something strange to what you wrote.

Nope 'twas the finger farkle. Should have been Fat. Sigh. Thanks
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Anyone who has ever made a typo themselves knew "fat" is the word you neant (see?).

Simon
(05-30-2020, 07:45 PM)AHill Wrote: It's not just the concern for attendees, but exhibitors as well.  I'd bet half of the invited exhibitors have chosen not to attend, which makes it even less viable economically to hold the event.

Ironically, the World Health Organization just yesterday announced that those who are healthy, don't have symptoms, and don't work around those infected with COVID-19 don't need to wear a mask. I rather doubt the CDC will adopt the same recommendations.

Hey how's it goin' Mr. Hill? I had to get on here the other day for a reported website problem and poked around a bit as it's been a while. Nice to see so many familiar faces! 

FWIW, Benchcrafted took a survey of the exhibitors in late May and the overwhelming response was to cancel Handworks for this year. That decision came as a relief because in addition to the potential health risks, the lack of attendance was a significant concern among the other exhibitors I spoke with. All else aside, the cancellation is obviously a huge disappointment for everyone. Handworks 2017 was the last, soon to be three years in the past. With a four year drought, Handworks 2021 promises to be a monster event, methinks. I'm  beginning to wonder if the Amana Villiage will be able to contain it? 

Cheers, Bob
Bob Zajicek
Marietta, GA
Owner Czeck Edge Hand Tool
http://CzeckEdge.com