A project for June?
Maybe
Winkgrin 

Anyway, picked up about 29 board feet  of 1 x 6 Ash, this afternoon....even ran it through a planer, to get things down to 3/4" thick..

Raided his wood rack for 6 boards....4/4 x 6 x 9'
Hard to carry in my van, with 3 people inside.....Cut the boards down ....trying for 5' and 4'.....because the top of the Kitchen Island will be around 5' in length.

The 2 short ones in front?    Were from his scrap pile.....that he didn't need.

May square those ends, and make a few drawers with them.

Also paid for the 12 board feet from last winter, since he was "Down-under" at that time.....total bill?    $30

Awaiting word from the Boss as to what style of Kitchen Island she wants.....mean time....boards can sit and get used to the house.....after being in a barn for a few years.

Until then.....
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Wait, $30?  That's quite the score.  A kitchen island should be in interesting project.  Looking forward to seeing how it develops.
(06-02-2020, 07:27 AM)stav Wrote: Wait, $30?  That's quite the score. 

A hardy "You Suck!" is in order!
Looking forward to the Build when your sweetheart tells you what to do.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Screen shot, of what she wants....
Rolleyes 

paper plan, as delivered by Moose & Squirrel Delivery Service, today..end view...
Winkgrin 

Front view...
Cool  

and the full ( for now
Rolleyes ) plan..

Look like I need to start gluing up a bunch of panels....need 5 panels made up.....not counting the raised panel for the door.   Need to go out and buy the small casters.

Need to get the jointer planes busy.....may rough cut for length, first...the joint for a glue joint......I'm sure someone will come along to tell me I'm using too many clamps, again
Upset 

Lumber is 5-3/4" wide, mostly....thinking 4 pieces per panel....

Stay tuned....
(06-01-2020, 10:01 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Hard to carry in my van, with 3 people inside.....Cut them down ....
I hope the people you had to cut down didn't complain too much...
The boards did complain a bit.
Winkgrin   As for the other two people?  
Confused They stayed home....getting ready to go to their night shift jobs.
Rolleyes   Took a few trips, to bring all the boards into the house.
Cool
looking forward to the build-along!

The photo looks like it's tapered. Does the boss want the taper?
Bad photo..
Upset ..legs are straight.
Cool    Google picture had the piece sitting at an angle...
No .paper plan shows how it is supposed to look...
Winkgrin 

Raining outside, all day....no yard sales, might a well go to the shop after Lunch...
4 planks to the shop....needed a fifth one later....Cross cut to rough length...about 40"....straight line ripped, to about 5-7/8" wide.....one was tapered, wider at one end than the other....still had a few "high spots".    Needed a 2" wide strip, to get the panel to 24" width.  Dry fit?
Rolleyes 

Was also presetting clamps.   Had to put a couple planes to use...to joint a few edges straight...
Cool

Stanley No. 7c, Type 9, and for smaller bumps a Sargent VBM #414c.....then glue clamps and cauls....
Rolleyes

Panel is for the top of the Kitchen Island....and this is the "good side"...( may need those two planes after the clamps came off?)

And this will be seen, only IF you can crawl inside the 5" deep drawer.

Tomorrow, I can trim the ends square, until the length is 38".....width needs to be 23" wide.  Then, I can start on the next panel glue up..the bottom shelf....

After that?  We'll see.....getting the larger stuff made first...
Winkgrin