A project for June?
Ok....all 4 notches are done...

Had to resize the end pieces for the shelf

Middle shelf's edges (3) were given rebates..

Also ripped down to size some blanks for ONE webframe..

2 long sides, and enough for the rails. Webframe is what the drawer will be sliding on.

Legs are out of the clamps, even got one cleaned up....decided to glue up a panel for a divider...

This goes between the bottom shelf, and the Webframe, and supports the middle shelf...

Right where the red arrow is pointing.  will sit in a dado in the bottom shelf, and will have a dado to hold the middle shelf.

Need to go out and buy a few more planks of Ash.....about out.    Need to start a few sub-assemblies....running out of room in the shop.
Need to cut a curve in two side pieces...

Line showing a curve to be cut...these two go along the long edge of the bottom shelf....they also got a rebate.....might make cutting that curve on the bandsaw a bit tricky?

Stay tuned, I might get something done...tomorrow?
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Lumber run has been done.   14bft surfaced 2 faces to 3/4" thick.....$14.   Cooling down, got a bit overheated.....sitting in front of the A/C Unit now...
Cool

Maybe after Supper, I can do a little work in the shop....
Confused
Mr. Gumption and Mr. Motivation arrived....means a bit of shop time was in order...
Milled a dado for the divider to sit in..had to do that first...before the long aprons are glued on...
Long aprons needed a curve laid out..

Then try to get that dull bandsaw blade to at least follow the line....if not, we have ways...
Rolleyes

Then the usual too many clamps...

Was a bit tricky, trying to clamp BOTH aprons at the same time....
Rolleyes  

Making sure the divider sits into the dado.

Legs, got a couple more cleaned up...might as well install a couple...
Rolleyes  

Used the smaller clamps first, then the pipe clamp.....needed a way to plumb things up, and square to the shelf...

Crosscut 2 pieces to the correct length between the 2 uprights....these will be the ends of 2 webframes.   Not glued in place right now.Just spacers...plus a 3rd clamp near the bottom, right at the shelf level....
Between the Ash and the clamps....thing weighs as much as I do
Rolleyes 

Out of room to work, clothes dryer was making things a bit toasty...and Uncle Charles decided the toes on my left foot needed his attention....
Just finished Gatorade #4.....will let things sit til tomorrow...I'm bushed...
It appears that when the assembly took a tumble yesterday....legs were knocked loose....so...half of today's 3 hour shop time was repair work...had one repaired ( two screws and glue) snap the screws off...GRRR....

Drill the counter-bores, add glue and #6 screws....end cap was being glued up...

Cut to fit on the ends of the bottom shelf, to hide the end grain...

Managed to build one web frame, this will tie into the divider's top, attach to all four legs, and support and guide the drawer....moved everything to the "assembly table"
Rolleyes

Attach the divider to the shelf's dado...glue and 3 screws.   then stand up, and add the webframe to it....
More repairs....more holes to plug..
No  

Snapped #6 screws were replaced with #8 screws....fun part was getting the frame level....decided that 3 hours was quite enough fun, for today.. 

Try again tomorrow...stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Looking good to me.

How did the whole thing fall??  To bad to since you could have been that much further ahead and to a new project. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Uhoh
Uhoh
Uhoh
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Too wide of an item, resting on too narrow of a bench.....set one more item on the too wide.....over it goes...

Going to clear off the tops of the washer and dryer downstairs ( they share the shop space) and set  this thing on them....need the room to use the bench and tablesaw...and bandsaw...

Need to size a lot of parts today, and maybe glue a panel or two....a LOT of wavy edged lumber needs  straightened out....

Stay tuned...trying to get done, before July...
Rolleyes
My current work area...
Winkgrin

Add in the "large" assembly area...
Rolleyes

And things could get a bit.....cramped...

Some how cut and ripped enough parts to..

Close off both ends of the drawer compartment...cut and fit the back of the compartment, and cut and fit the front of the drawer...

Hauled the last 2 planks of the 14bft of Ash I just bought to the shop.   One 8' plank was cut into 4 parts...

Sorted into 2 pairs...and glued into 2 panels...

The better looking of these 2 will become the door, the other will be the back of the compartment
Last plank was cut into 3 parts, a filler added, ...

Will square the ends, tomorrow, and enclose to end of the Island.   I managed to get half of the corner blocks made..

These go into the corners, so I can attach the top to the Island case.

And that was about it...not quite 3 hours of shop time
Stay tuned...
You do the most in a few hours of any person I know.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nothing on Sunday....Family Cookout....sooooo, Monday after errands was set aside for a bit of shoptime.

Large panel that was sitting ON my tablesaw....clamps were removed, ends squared up, ripped the panel for width.    Flattened the "show side"....then installed it in it's new home..
Winkgrin

Since I needed a few 24" clamps, meant I had to remove them from the smaller 2 panels, first.    Worst looking of the two was trimmed for size, then a rebate was milled...
Winkgrin   

Sized to match the divider.   Wraps around the edge of the divider, and more space for the glue...
Winkgrin   

Panels are all made of smaller strips, so movement should not be a factor...Drawer front was trimmed for length, as was the "back" of the drawer compartment.   Before I could glue the back in place, I needed a couple dovetail joints made....or, rather chopped...
Winkgrin

Found the center of the rail where the drawer will be sliding under....dovetail socket was chopped out, to match the tail on the end of the kicker..

Same with at the back...once both were done, I could glue the back in place..

Add the kicker with some glue...

Which left the corner blocks.   Made the other 2, slightly thinner...drilled and counter-sunk...

Glue and 2 screws..

And that was about it, for a Monday..
Cool

Just sweep the floor.   The last panel out of the clamps was sat on the bench....it will get cleaned up into a door, including the same rebate along the divider side....

Wednesday is the Lumber run....(also Payday!)....then I can build the drawer.   I think I have the hinges for the door, and the handles. 
Stay tuned....
Cool
Was on Laundry Detail, today....

I did change out the blade on the bandsaw, and adjusted the saw.   A few drops in the motor's oilers, should help the bearings.

There was a blank for a door sitting on the bench..

Today, it got both faces flattened.   Trimmed square for length....trimmed again for final length.   Ripped for width.   Then milled a rebate.   Then a test fit..

Ready for the hardware.    I did find a couple pack of hinges..
Cool 

Just in case I need a third hinge.

Veritas 3/8" tapered plug cutter, made 32 plugs out of Ash.   IF I watch the grain when I install them...they will disappear.   The cutter messed up #31 and #32 plugs...broke the end off of one, snapped #32 off...have to run the drill press at it's slowest speed, to keep from burning the wood.   Has trouble clearing the chips out of the way...air hose would have been handy to have.

Lumber run tomorrow, need parts to build the drawer, and the middle shelf....already have the handles I need.

Waiting to install the casters until after this heavy thing makes it upstairs and into the Kitchen.   Boss wants a thin sheet of plexiglass on the top....to protect it.   Need to figure out how to fasten it down.....and not cloud things up....

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin