Mini cyclone ?
Anyone know of a small cyclone that has 1 1/4" (or what 1 gallon shop vac uses) fittings?
Looking for one that is about 1/2 the size overall of a Dust Deputy.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(06-04-2020, 11:00 AM)Pirate Wrote: Anyone know of a small cyclone that has 1 1/4" (or what 1 gallon shop vac uses) fittings?
Looking for one that is about 1/2 the size overall of a Dust Deputy.

I just use an adapter on my Dust Deputy for the different hose sizes - I have 3 different hoses that I use depending on the tool at the other end of the hose.  The 2" hose is basically only used for the floor attachment from the shop vac.   I have a Bosch hose that I use with my Bosch and Festool sanders.  Another small diameter hose that I use with my track saw.   Doesn't seem to impact performance at all.

Dave
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
No experience but, here you go.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I have the one GeeDub linked to. Mine is sold as a Dust Commander ..

[Image: Ca.jpg]

I purchased it to replace a Dust Deputy as the DC is antistatic, a requirement for Festool. It works as well or better than the DD.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I was looking for a cyclone thats only about 10" tall to sit on a bucket about 10" in dia.
To be used with a 1 gal shop vac.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
(06-07-2020, 09:54 AM)Pirate Wrote: I was looking for a cyclone thats only about 10" tall to sit on a bucket about 10" in dia.
To be used with a 1 gal shop vac.
DIY-Aluminum-Alloy-SN25T5-Dust-Deputy-Turbocharged-Cyclone-Dust-Collector-Cyclone-Separator-Industrail-Vaccum-Cleaner-Filter-Set-p-1653564.html
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
The aluminum one would work if it had a bottom flange.
Not sure of size on plastic one. But it can't be shipped to US. Patent infringement.
(06-08-2020, 12:07 PM)Pirate Wrote: The aluminum one would work if it had a bottom flange.
Not sure of size on plastic one. But it can't be shipped to US. Patent infringement.

The flange is on the seam. About 4 to 5 inches up. The hole it fits in is a little over 3 inches across. A short piece of 4 inch PVC and a cap drilled to fit the flange could be mounted to the bucket top and the cyclone mounted to that. 
Or a hole could be drilled in some two by material that fits the end. Some file work to create an angled socket the tail of the cyclone will fit in and some PL400 adhesive to hold it. The wood block becomes you're flange. Fifteen minutes work and Bobs your uncle.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!