Bathroom Remodel
I am planning to re do the shower stall , this is 3 X 3 
Replace tile, replace the shower pan and the glass enclosure.
I am new to this, any suggestions on this?

Thanks
I am doing a bathtub enclosure now (first timer). 

I am going by "best practices" which calls for 6mil plastic sheeting over the studs and then cement board + red-gard.  Though some say that best practices is the Schluter system.

Rather than making a niche, I am mounting a Schluter shelf which might not work well for a very small space. 

Make sure that all your mounted boards are on the same plane with none higher than the next or you will have problems with laying the tile. 

I am using subway tile for three reasons:  First, it is in style now.  Second, the tiles are self-spacing, which simplifies the process, and third, it is probably the cheapest tile available now.

I am using white subway tile and white grout.  That way any sloppiness, (I will try not to be sloppy), will not be so apparent.

Right now I am finishing up everything in the bathroom except the tile work on the bathtub surround.  I need to get a plumber in to  install a new shower mixer, and I don't want strangers in the house right now because of Covid-19. 

So at some point the bathroom will be done except for the one wall where the shower mixer goes. 

Good luck.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Head on over to the forum at John Bridge. They are a bit tilted towards Schluter products, but there is more info there than anywhere else on tiling baths and showers. It pays to do it correctly. Lots of pros there sharing guidance to DIYers.

LINK
Pretty sure I did a thread here about building a shower. Imma gonna search
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(06-05-2020, 08:57 AM)Cooler Wrote: I am doing a bathtub enclosure now (first timer). 

I am going by "best practices" which calls for 6mil plastic sheeting over the studs and then cement board + red-gard.  Though some say that best practices is the Schluter system.

Rather than making a niche, I am mounting a Schluter shelf which might not work well for a very small space. 

Make sure that all your mounted boards are on the same plane with none higher than the next or you will have problems with laying the tile. 

I am using subway tile for three reasons:  First, it is in style now.  Second, the tiles are self-spacing, which simplifies the process, and third, it is probably the cheapest tile available now.

I am using white subway tile and white grout.  That way any sloppiness, (I will try not to be sloppy), will not be so apparent.

Right now I am finishing up everything in the bathroom except the tile work on the bathtub surround.  I need to get a plumber in to  install a new shower mixer, and I don't want strangers in the house right now because of Covid-19. 

So at some point the bathroom will be done except for the one wall where the shower mixer goes. 

Good luck.

I've not heard that plastic sheathing is necessary (or even recommended) behind the cement board.  Especially with Redgard.  I didn't do it.
Here it is

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Thank you for all the info.
Any one know about Polymer sheets. I was thinking instead of tile, I can remove the tile and then Install the Poymer sheets.
I see there are some nice looking polymer sheets.
So far not successful to find a source to buy Polymer sheets.
Haven't seen polymer sheets in a long time, assuming you are talking about something like plastic paneling inside the shower? I can tell you that you probably won't be happy with the end result.

If you are looking to work with a lower cost budget, the easiest thing to do is put in a fiberglass shower enclosure kit and buy a door to fit. It will look nicer than plastic paneling and you won't have to deal with maintaining caulk.

Something like this

Just take out the old shower and install the kit. You'll have to drill holes for the plumbing fixtures and  have to move the drain plumbing to make it line up. You'll have to install 2x4 nailers where it gets nailed in and you'll have to remove any sheetrock in the shower cove. The new sheetrock will cover the nailing flanges on the fiberglass shower.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(06-07-2020, 08:55 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Haven't seen polymer sheets in a long time, assuming you are talking about something like plastic paneling inside the shower? I can tell you that you probably won't be happy with the end result.

If you are looking to work with a lower cost budget, the easiest thing to do is put in a fiberglass shower enclosure kit and buy a door to fit. It will look nicer than plastic paneling and you won't have to deal with maintaining caulk.

Something like this

Just take out the old shower and install the kit. You'll have to drill holes for the plumbing fixtures and  have to move the drain plumbing to make it line up. You'll have to install 2x4 nailers where it gets nailed in and you'll have to remove any sheetrock in the shower cove. The new sheetrock will cover the nailing flanges on the fiberglass shower.

Thanks for the suggestions, I did check that , it looks good, unfortunately it will not fit in the shower enclosure I Have. It has 3 walls, one of the side of my shower is 1/2 height, 
Here is the picture of my shower enclosure.

[Image: 49981186176_863c760a3f_w.jpg]" />
(06-07-2020, 11:43 AM)Jack01 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions, I did check that , it looks good, unfortunately it will not fit in the shower enclosure I Have. It has 3 walls, one of the side of my shower is 1/2 height, 
Here is the picture of my shower enclosure.

[Image: 49981186176_863c760a3f_w.jpg]" />

Yours is just like ours. We need to refurb ours also.
What did you do in the end?
" That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,"

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"