How do you get under your riding lawnmower?
Hi

I’ve got a Husqvarna mower with a 48” span.

While removing all three blades this morning I was wondering how to get easy access underneath.

Car ramps seem too short and steep.

I thought about cinder blocks and a pair of 2x10s maybe 4’ long but it doesn’t get much off the ground.

Any ideas???

Mike
Let the wife drive it?
(06-06-2020, 04:05 PM)mikefm101 Wrote: Hi

I’ve got a Husqvarna mower with a 48” span.  

While removing all three blades this morning I was wondering how to get easy access underneath.  

Car ramps seem too short and steep.  

I thought about cinder blocks and a pair of 2x10s maybe 4’ long but it doesn’t get much off the ground.  

Any ideas???

Mike

Jack up the front and back and stack 6x6s until you get the height you want.Be very careful.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I jack mine up and put it on car jack stands
I had a small John Deere. I used to just pick it up and put jack stands under it.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I use a Harbor Freight lawn mower lift I paid $80 for, well worth the money.
I have 2 riders and an ATV I use the lift with.
I have a 54" zero-turn.  I either run it up on ramps, or jack up the front with a small floor jack and then use jack stands.
Pull the deck and flip it over. On most decent tractors it’s a less than 5 minute task.
Handy man High-Lift jack, then car stands.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

For engine work, I jack it up with a floor jack and just go to work (not under it).  For blades, I jack up the rear as far as the jack will go and stick a couple of timbers under there.  That’s plenty of room for blade changes or whatever, but if I need to work on the shafts and such, I just pull the deck and put it on plywood on horses.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"