How do you get under your riding lawnmower?
Friend of mine that has a mower repair business uses car ramps for the front wheels and a floor jack for the rear. He has thought about one of those mower lifts others have mentioned.
I have one of the hydraulic mower lifts. I was in Sams club one day and in the clearance spot was the last one they had left. Picked it up for $30 and has been well worth it but... It is big bulky and hard to move around. So look at one that can maybe fold up or quick to disassemble. 

Every so often I will drop the deck and pressure wash it. (46" cub cadet) Actually need to do that and replace the blades... I don't sharpen blades anymore because we have so much sand that they wear away so fast that I really need to replace them about 3 times a year and I don't cut very often since it is so dry here.