Make your own scrap wood plane
https://www.lumberjocks.com/projects/144666
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-08-2020, 09:38 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: https://www.lumberjocks.com/projects/144666

What are you going to do with all those little planes?

The look very nice btw.
(06-08-2020, 12:00 PM)stav Wrote: What are you going to do with all those little planes?

The look very nice btw.
I didn't make them..I just thought others may like to see them...I have made a couple of planes out of wood but prefer making them out of brass....

[Image: P1030325.jpg]

Get off my lawn !
Upset

We had a plane building class at the Zone. Wished there would have been more people interested.
Sad 

There was router Jim. John Fry. Chris (bobo) and I. May have been a couple of others.

I didn't remove all the bandsaw marks. I wanted to unique....rough.....made to use.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That's a really nice looking mitre plane! 

But, how can anyone afford the metal for those things? That is, one bigger than a block plane or instrument maker's size. ?
Those are very cool!  -Howard
(06-08-2020, 07:26 PM)hbmcc Wrote: That's a really nice looking mitre plane! 

But, how can anyone afford the metal for those things? That is, one bigger than a block plane or instrument maker's size. ?

I have plenty of brass in stock...It was much cheaper when I bought it years ago. I would still buy some sheet bronze but cant find what I am looking for.
Crazy

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Hmmm...Traditional Chinese Edge Plane....

With shavings...was made in my shop, a few years back  

White Oak for the wood parts, H-F lathe chisel (skew)  provided the iron 

Iron is at a skew, fence is adjustable up to 1" wide.   Took about...one weekend to make...uses square nuts in the slots/mortises  for the fence bolts to tighten the fence in place.
Plane is pushed, not pulled.
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(06-08-2020, 06:15 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ...................
I didn't make them..I just thought others may like to see them...I have made a couple of planes out of wood but prefer making them out of brass....

[Image: P1030325.jpg]

Nice job Jack!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(06-09-2020, 10:38 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Hmmm...Traditional Chinese Edge Plane....

With shavings...was made in my shop, a few years back  

White Oak for the wood parts, H-F lathe chisel (skew)  provided the iron 

Iron is at a skew, fence is adjustable up to 1" wide.   Took about...one weekend to make...uses square nuts in the slots/mortises  for the fence bolts to tighten the fence in place.
Plane is pushed, not pulled.
Cool

Cool
Cool

Get off my lawn !
Upset