ROS paper loading up polishing epoxy
Thanks guys. Don't have an air sander so turned the speed all the way down on my Bosch ROS. I changed a lot of paper, then polished with rubbing compound. It turned out great with a matte finish. LOML flipped over the appearance and feel of the surface.

Thanks again for the advice. Will post some pics later, g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
No matter what grit you use for sanding a finish it is going to load up.  One thing you can do to clear it is take the rubber like stick for cleaning belt paper and use it on that to clean it up.

Other then that the only other way is wet sanding with either water or a mineral oil and bees wax mix like a turner does and works good for him.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-03-2020, 01:29 PM)kencombs Wrote:  try slowing it down.  High speed creates heat which softens plastics and old finishes. Working on auto paint/body that is often an issue, especially with old lacquer or single part enamels .  

That said, wet is the best answer if possible.  Maybe spray the paper before starting and often, rather than applying it to the work.

What he said
Yes

I've had the same problem with sanding pine and slowing ROS down really helped.
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)