The aroma of wood
Walnut. It takes me back to my childhood. My Great Uncle was a carpenter and his house smelled of walnut.

Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
I love it all.  I use red oak the most but I love the smells in the shop.  That includes all the finishes.  My wife thinks I'm nuts but I haven't run across a wood that I didn't even like.  I am sure there is one out there but so far - I'm good to go.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(07-05-2020, 03:38 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Milo wood is definitely the best.

(07-05-2020, 05:35 AM)fredhargis Wrote: To me it's sassafras.

(07-05-2020, 07:36 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Give me mesquite please.

(07-05-2020, 07:42 AM)DCottrell Wrote: I love to turn olivewood

(07-05-2020, 09:12 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: Turning Amboyna Burl and ripping Bloodwood.
Southern yellow Pine
Black Walnut
Florida Camphor
Olive wood

Never turned the above highlighted woods but would love to try it.

I can say Camphor is wonderful and Red Ceder, and Pine is also.  I did have a curly KOA but do not remember the smell on that one.  There is one other wood I turned that had a sweet smell but do not remember that one.

Anyone know what Pimmerson wood smells like??  I was thinking of buying a piece of that to turn as a bowl or box if I can find it.   How about Red Bud or Dog Wood??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.