Using the leftovers
Ok..clothes into the dryer.   Side #1 ready for glue, cauls and clamps....

One caul got by with just 2 spring clamps...the other had...issues.    I use as many clamps as I feel are needed to close a joint...but, I don't sit there and count how many..have better things to do.  
Rolleyes   Side #2....filler strip down the center..was a hair too thick, and one edge was too "rough" ....plane to correct both....then things worked a bit better...

I think I'll invest in a few more 2' and 3" c clamps, next trip to Harbor Freight....set both of the "sides" aside for now...and get a panel glued up for a lid...had to joint the "good" edges until they matched each other...without any gaps....had one spot, right near the end of one edge that was..stubborn.   Then the real fun began....
Rolleyes 

This is the "underside" of the Lid.   Once this is out of the clamps...those 2 knots are history...along with whatever else is needed, to get to the width needed....tried the rub glue joint....
lasted 3 seconds..or about the time I turned my back.    Added a cal at one end, and try again....then more clamps....second from the right has a bad habit of slipping right back off an edge...grrr.    Cauls to keep things flat.   Show side?  

Should be easy enough to clean up.  

Drawer fronts:  Sorted through the 6 blanks, looking for three that matched up with each other...

These will be the bottom drawers....then 3 shallow drawers will be above them....need to rip these other three for matching colour and grain..

Hopefully I can rip straighter than this computer can draw.   There will be a storage compartment above these drawers....more rip cuts...need to match the grain on the sides.  Bottom of the case and the back will be plywood.   Drawer dividers will be Ash strips, backed up by pine panels.   Floor of the compartment will be Ash.   I might add a Ash strip across the top of the back, about the width of the compartment's depth....

Right now...need to get these panels cleaned up, and get things marked for size.   Finger joints for the drawers.   Will see about the case joints...
Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Start time today: 1400 hrs....end time: 1500hrs....
Side panels came out of the clamps...then used them to lay out a plywood bottom..

Then laid out a few more lines..

Used a drawer front blank to get the spacing....this is how it should look...

Upper drawer front blanks have been ripped to size.   Strip of Ash above them is the front of the compartment..A second strip was made, and helped size a plywood back for the case

Which leaves a floor to make....and glue up..

From Ash.   Upper drawers will slide on a Pine floor ( with an Ash front strip to trim it out)...

Thought about removing the clamps from the lid....

Decided to leave well enough alone.  

Maybe tomorrow's shoptime...I can lay out all the shallow dados, grooves, and rebates?   And set up to make a few of them?   Case's "show corners" will be 1/4" box joints.
Saving building the drawers for last....will be all custom fit.  

Stay tuned....
Winkgrin
(07-17-2020, 10:35 AM)bandit571 Wrote: While I do have the Ash and the shorter Pine leftovers resawn to 3/8" thick....that seems to be as far as I'll get for a little while. 

Spent almost 3 days in the Hospital.....seems I was having a severe Sugar Dehydration.....Blood Sugar count was above 600.    Type 2 was the cause...and I never knew I was even that bad off.....Things like "cotton mouth", charlie horse cramps, eyes changing,  always thirsty....added up.   That pee every hour thing...

So, for the next few days, shoptime will be on hold, until I get this mess straightened out....and settled down....lots to learn.....have a Diabetic Doctor and a Food Doctor working me over,  seeing the Family Doctor Monday....and see how things are going.

Pictures?
Confused

Little squares of Ash.   Went from 9 blanks to 18....all need planed on the saw kerf side...

The 2 Ash long scraps....didn't go too well...1 x 6 is a bit too much to resaw...tried thebandsaw to finish the cuts....

Tried a new, 1/2" blade, even.....pure junk, DO NOT BUY THIS BLADE.  Wound up going old school..(pine 1 x 6 sawed fine in the bandsaw, BTW)

Bandsaw did not like the Ash...kept going off line, despite the deep saw kerfs...

This was as far as the bandsaw could go....rest by handsaw. 

I did start the Sargent #414c to level the playing field a bit.....Uncle Charles started in...had to stop.   Haven't been down to the shop since....

Stay tuned, I am getting better, each day....fingers are getting sore, though...

On the second picture it looks like the boards are floating in air.  Pretty cool look and trying to figure it out.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Bandit

Are these still going to be drawers for something else or something already made??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
6 drawers and a top compartment...storage for small items in the shop.
Ok...two, 2 hours sessions, today....had to break for Lunch, after all..
Rolleyes  Both glue ups came out of the clamps this morning...needed a bit of clean up...

The Ash was a bit different..

The plane used?

A Stanley No. 4, Type 10.  Set the 2 panels aside for a bit...Needed to make a couple corner joints, between the bottom of the case, and both sides..

Then a few dados...first for the pine divider between the upper and lower drawers...

Just getting warmed up....Ash "floor" also needed dados into the sides to house it.   Then a few dados to house the dividers that will be between the drawers...

dados looked good, except they are on the wrong face.   No biggie, gives the case a step up on the ends, instead of sitting flat on the bottom..

Pine shelf got 4 dados...2 for the lower drawer dividers, to for the upper drawer dividers...got a bit thin between them...

The back for the case was get all sorts of rebates and dados...went to dry fit it to the back of the case...

More dados...

So..did it fit?   You'll have to stay tuned, to find out...
Winkgrin
Had the Dry Fit laying on it's back for a while...

Had to cut and fit a few drawer dividers..

These needed crosscut and ripped to size.   Fine tuned the two panels to a better fit ( too long, too wide, one spot too thick)..there is a strip of Ash ( arrow) that will cover the front of the Pine shelf....had to thin and notch to fit...
The back?

Come glue up day, this will need a caul.   Also size another strip of ash..

need one for the front and this back ( better to attach hinges on..)

How the back fits onto the sides...

trying to decide on the corner joints for the Ash compartment and the six drawer fronts...thinking maybe 1/4" finger joints?...
Had enough fun for today....maybe tomorrow, I Might get something done?

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
For those wondering...this is supposed to be an enlarged version of a 2 drawer tool chest I made a while back...

But with 6 drawers, instead of two...

Still haven't set things down to a paper plan..yet....may try a "measured drawing" later....so far, everything is in my head....
Uhoh
Note to self....do NOT ever try to glue up 9 pieces into a case at the same time, again...
Upset  

About like trying to herd cats...and..this is looking at the bottom of the case....
No I am sure someone will be by later, complaining about all the clamps used...
Rolleyes 

Was not a fun day.   I did make a few shallow rebates...

To attach the Ash tops with....

Have one glued in place....tomorrow I'll glue the back on....should be a "good" day....once the clamps come off the case, and it doesn't blow up...
Uhoh 
Intend to "back up" all the joints with Brass nails....need to figure out a base for this box.
Will be making a face frame for around the drawers....may have to clean off one of the mitre boxes.

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
2 hours of puttering around in the shop, today....clamps came off...

Stopped about halfway..clamps were piling up on the bench, so I put the first batch away.   Nothing flying apart..good sign, eh...
Got the rest of the clamps off.   Started working on the front's face frame....needed a way to cut small parts....

Had to clean a bunch of stuff off of it.    Got the "center" part of the face frame made....doing this in stages, easier than all at once like the case...even attached the other Ash strip for the storage compartment...but not the plywood back of the case..

As I needed access for the clamps from the face frame glue up...

Let this sit overnight...

Tomorrow, I can get the rest of the face frame attached....glue that up....and then see about that plywood back panel.....

Maybe then, I can start all them drawer parts?  

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin