Anarchist Workbench free download
Just downloaded.  Good stuff, Mr. Schwartz giving back via this free download.  Though I'm sure many will pre-order the hard
copy which is reasonably priced. 

Now Available (for Free): ‘The Anarchist’s Workbench’
Thanks for the heads-up!
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Thanks for sharing the link.

I downloaded the book and am reading it a little at a time.

I like the way Schwartz writes; always have. Since I've seen him on Underhill's show, I can almost hear his voice narrating the book.

It's a fairly entertaining and interesting read.
(07-06-2020, 07:42 PM)Ricky Wrote: Just downloaded.  Good stuff, Mr. Schwartz giving back via this free download.  Though I'm sure many will pre-order the hard
copy which is reasonably priced. 

Now Available (for Free): ‘The Anarchist’s Workbench’

For similar content, he published a series of short video reviews of workbenches he had in his blog a couple of months ago:
("Workbench Tour")
The Schwarz and LAP must be doing well financially, given this book was not a trivial endeavor, and he's offering the electronic version for free.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I think the offering of the pre-publication version was a fairly astute business decision.

I think C. Schwartz knows his audience and customer base very well.  

He knows that those who have purchased his hardcover books in the past will buy this one in hardcover, too.  I think very few of those folks will pass on the hardcover, even if the pre-release free pdf is out there.

I think he's also counting on a bump from new readers who see this current offering and then will be convinced to circle back in for his previous books.  He'll probably end with a net sales increase for all of his books, and not just the Anarchist's Work Bench.

No criticism intended at all.  I think it's smart marketing; my hat's off to him.
I bought his 1st workbench book back in 2007.  I'm grateful for this free download but doubt I'll buy the book.
It's just personal taste, I'm more likely to spend on books with vivid color photography such as the Taunton series.
The impression I got from reading it is that part of the reason for the free PDF is that he doesn’t own the rights to his first workbench book, so part of the marketing decision is to be more attractive to that part of the customer base.

Whatever his reasoning, it appears from my perspective to be a decent decision.
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Time will tell, but I told my wife yesterday that I will not be surprised if giving the PDF away doesn’t make the printed book the 2nd best selling LAP book that Chris has ever written, second only to the ATC.
I do not much care what thre reasons were for giving it away. I will take his stated reasons at face value and further, I will state that I am very appreciative.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard