expandable garden hoses
comments???..........just another garden hose gimmick???
I've always wondered about them as well.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
They are just surgical tubing in a constraining sheath. Water flow is very low but they are convienent. Don't expect to water the grass or use it with a pressure washer. I tried it with a pressure washer once and the pressure washer will suck it down and then shut off due to low water pressure. Luckily I brought a real hose with me.
(07-11-2020, 08:14 AM)varkpilot Wrote: comments???..........just another garden hose gimmick???

They will mess with a backflow preventer, in use it will pulse and spray water. Makes a mess, especially in a book storage room of a elementary school where you are cleaning coils on roof top units and that's the closest spigot.
They s-ck the big one, I've had several. Basically they are expandable tubing inside a covering. I had the metal ones, the tubing eventually (mine was lees than two years) weakened like a hemorrhoid then shoved up between the coils and popped. The material ones failed in a similar manner, just inside the outer material. None laster more than three years. Nice concept, cheap materials.

Al should have listed to Tim and created on with more power! 
Big Grin
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
Nope. Bought one of the first generation ones several years ago.
Lasted about a month. Nope...nope. Not planning on another one.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I loved mine for washing the car.  Plenty of water flow and it retracted almost to a small coil.  I ran over the nozzle end with my car and cannot find a replacement.  I now have a version that lays flat, but does not retract.  It is OK, but not as satisfactory as the original. 

If I could find one today, I'd buy two.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Wife likes them because they're light. Not at all durable. Leaks, and the ends pull off and if you let it go completely limp, the surgical tubing inside can twist causing a blockage. A pain to try to untwist inside the sheathing. .
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Don't connect it a regular hose and try to pull that hose with the collapsible one or the end will break off.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Forgot to mention... When I was running the pressure washer at daughters house and had to switch to a real hose... These cheap expandable hoses have aluminum ends and if they are left on the hose bib they will corrode on. I had to butcher the fitting to get it off and nearly broke the hose bib.