Card Table Build
Wow! That thing is gorgeous!  From here, the veneer seam is perfect.  The "mark" has been set high; the top will have a challenge to measure up.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
That's beautiful work, Scoony!
Not at all what I expected from the description.  Very nice work.
Looking good! Plus 17
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Finally finished the Card Table.   When I made the apron, I used cherry since I had a bunch of scraps around. I cut the veneer for the front of the apron, and made the inlay stringing. Really happy with how this turned out. The top has some miss-matched cherry, but I am hopping that it will even out with some sun.

To attach the top to the rear, I used a Kreg jig to drill the holes and used uncoated slotted screws.  For the apron, I made wooden cleats and again screwed them in with uncoated slotted screws. 

Wow! .........................
I am blown away, great job. 
Big Grin
I have done some detail work on some projects, but not on that scale.
Impressive patience with the inlay.

Yes
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I am speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Awesome work Scoony!

It was tradition to store the table against the wall but with the top raised vertical.
I have one I built. If I keep it closed, the fold over top, only being held by the hinges, tends to curl and relax a bit with the seasons. In Tennessee during Summer there is about a 1/4” gap between tops at the front, in winter no gap at all.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I've seen the title for some time, but never opened it up until just now.  Wow.  That is outstanding work.  Just beautiful.  

john