Ace Hardware
From what I understand, ACE is more like a Co Op than a franchise. Individually owned, sharing advertising, warehousing expenses and buying power. The one we had near us (in the sticks) was fantastic, great service and reasonable pricing. They had what folks needed in the sticks. Things the borgs didn't have... Specifically Well equipment and water treatment media. The one we have near our new place is ok but caters to a different clientele. They're great if you need a $3000 wood-stove or a hot-tub. Good if you need plumbing or electric components, as long as you don't need more than 4 elbows or 4 wire-nuts. Service is good but lacking a little on the hardware side and the prices are higher. I usually go to HD.

Both are great if you need specific hardware items like stainless nuts or bolts. Pricey but available. For the bigger, more heavy duty hardware, Tractor Supply has it and still sold by the pound.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(07-12-2020, 02:32 PM)Z28Doug Wrote: I like my local Ace Hardware also.   The people that work there are not experts, but I don't expect them to be. They hire young friendly people who need a first job and the experience that comes with it. Inside will be my neighbors picking up birdseed, or a new lawn sprinkler, or trying to find one of those funny bolts that fell off their lawn mower.  The big box stores have put so many small ones under it's not even funny. I'll pay more to only have to drive around the corner and not have to stand in line forever.

They hire young people also at my store but some of the staff has been there since I started going there 1998 and those older folks are VERY familiar with the store. LOML likes the garden department (a little to much $$$) that's where you find the younger folks along with the experienced. They also have a small engine repair department also. 

Jim
Jim