electricity for heating (HVAC + water)?
(02-03-2021, 06:08 PM)Ovirst Wrote: Well, I cannot say that the electricity is a bad option for heating, however it is not that efficient and it is a bit more costly compared to the natural gas. I understand that the electricity could actually be considered as a more ecological friendly option, however I am not going to pay that much for it, and having less efficiency while compared to the natural gas option. However,I think that we will have to take this change pretty soon.

???
This probably needs clarification.
Once the electrons get to your house electricity can reach upwards towards 100% efficient.
Any inefficiency is in its generation and transportation.

But even with its efficiency it is still probably more expensive, which takes into account its generation and transmission.
(02-04-2021, 08:37 AM)srv52761 Wrote: ???
This probably needs clarification.
Once the electrons get to your house electricity can reach upwards towards 100% efficient.
Any inefficiency is in its generation and transportation.

But even with its efficiency it is still probably more expensive, which takes into account its generation and transmission.

Bingo, Bingo, Bingo.  srv52761 is dead on.  I have tried to make this point for years when people ask about efficiencies with the basic source for the BTUs to heat anything.  In North America, we have a very old distribution system that in very inefficient.  I have heard a number of different estimations on the amount of power loss over the transmission lines with some over 50% loss.