anyone have a small freezer?
(07-16-2020, 07:14 PM)EricU Wrote: looks like it's not too hard to get a 3cu. ft. freezer now.  That would be nice to get some stuff out of the refrigerator freezer.  Not sure I want to drive up our electric bill more, the already send us letters every year about how we're the energy hog of the neighborhood

Forgot to ask what do they consider an energy hog?  

To put that in perspective. 
          Elec waterheater 
         100*+ temps barely hitting 80* for a low. It's still 90+ at 10pm
         2 mini fridges in the shop

The better half only had two trips since march(Flight Attendant) her Hawaii trips were cancelled this month. So she is on her gaming PC rig from 10am till 3am ish which once you add up the multiple monitors and other peripherals it easily pulls 1K watts. Basically a spaceheater running in the room. She is the oldest gamer streaming on twitch... 

I have been doing lots of work in the shop running my 2 ton AC out there working on the Mustang. Welding grinding lots of lights and my 60 gallon compressor running allot feeding my angle die grinders or spraying primer etc. And I have also been running the well pump to water the grass quite a bit this year. Basically every other day for several hours. 

Oh and not to mention I have smoked 3 briskets several racks of ribs and lots of other cooking on the pellet grill. Brisket takes around 14 hours to cook. 

Now all that said we used a whopping 1600KWH last month.  I will say that for some reason the elec company replaced our meter recently as well. All ours here were replaced several years ago to the electronic ones and ours was the only one to be replaced.... I have not been able to find out why... Now compared to others around us that is actually low. And when I can insulate the attic it should drop our HVAC run times and make the house more comfortable.
I got a small freezer on BF at Walmart several years ago.

I'm not a greenie so honestly I just use the juice I want and pay the bill.  With a hot tub and pool and AC units maxed out all Summer its the least of my concerns.

Mine is in the garage which is about a 120 degrees.

Works great.  I don't remember the brand but did see them at Walmart recently for like a buck and a half.

Zero complaints.
Vaping Bad.........
(07-20-2020, 03:57 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:        Forgot to ask what do they consider an energy hog?  

Now all that said we used a whopping 1600KWH last month.  I will say that for some reason the elec company replaced our meter recently as well. All ours here were replaced several years ago to the electronic ones and ours was the only one to be replaced.... I have not been able to find out why... Now compared to others around us that is actually low. And when I can insulate the attic it should drop our HVAC run times and make the house more comfortable.
I always figured they just told us we were the energy hog of the block because they wanted to guilt us into saving electricity.  The numbers they were quoting to compare seemed awfully low. I'm sure some of our neighbors use less electricity that we do, we have electric heat.  Neighbor across the way heats with coal, but I think a lot of the houses on this street use electric heat. Replacing the heating with mini-splits is on the agenda.  No room for ducting and I think that's silly in an existing house anyway.