Visit from the plumbing gods
(07-27-2020, 06:16 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: Good call on this one.  I didn't use the Danco one, but an Oatey one from HD.  Fit just right.

Of course, now that I've got the drain screen installed, got the new faucet trim ring and shower head installed today, I discovered the washer on the cold water shut-off probably needs to be replaced.  Drip, drip, drip.

Ah, the joys of finding all the "issues" with a new-to-you house!  Trust me, even with new construction there are issues; my current house was new (17 years ago) and the plumbing was particularly sloppy. I've been correcting issues for years now, the most aggravating was his hooking up the exterior hose bib to a hot water line.  I later found out the plumbing sub had a drinking problem.  In the first 5 years I was regularly fixing electrical as well, generally switches and outlets.  Developer clearly went with the lowest bidders....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hose bib to hot water.....

I fixed one of those about 30 years ago. Arrggggg.
VH07V  
(07-28-2020, 04:56 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Hose bib to hot water.....

I fixed one of those about 30 years ago. Arrggggg.
It's in case your shower breaks.
Laugh
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
Fellas, especially bib and Flat - I’m sure you mean well but those are drain covers !  They only work if you have a DRAIN 
Yes

atg - you need this or something like it 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wingtite-Rep.../306215439

Of course , you have a lot of work / cleanup to do in order for this to fit
Sad  All the stuff with a red “x” has to go.

Attached Files Image(s)