Shipping furniture
Do you think it would be possible that the admins of this site can allow the word s_h_i_p without the profanity filter substituting *****? Seriously, if it's a legitimate word and used in a benign context, what's the deal? We'll see if the filter bans my version.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
back when my wife and I were engaged but not married yet I built her a sofa table for Christmas. we were going to see her parents over Christmas. I built it, then took it apart and packed it for shipping. At her parents I put it together so she could see it Christmas Day, then took it apart again and shipped it home. Round trip shipping IIRC totaled ~80.00.

(12-20-2021, 08:52 AM)Cooler Wrote: I would call a large national moving company.  They will move individual pieces.  No special packing is required.  

The large national companies have other items going to locations all the time.  They will add it to a manifest.
In the 1970s I worked for a company that manufactured SIPs (Structural, Insulated, Panels).  They were laminations of aluminum skins and honeycomb panels.  The skins were easily dented and the formed edges were easily deformed.  Packaging these would be very expensive.  Instead they banded the panels together with corrugates sheets top and bottom.  The panels were custom run in lengths from 8' to 40'.  All of these were shipped by moving vans intended to move people to new homes.  Almost no damage was ever reported.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I had to send something across the country for work and there is a local shipping broker that will have things packed and shipped for you.  This was in the before times, and I haven't done it recently, but it was inexpensive to ship a pallet across the country, less than $300.  UPS wants that to send a large box nowadays.  

And for people that want to know why the word for "send" is in the censor, I imagine the fact that a spammer posted in this thread should give you a clue.