Shipping furniture
Based on what UPS charged LOML to package and ship a small dresser-top valet this past winter, I wouldn't consider them for your dresser ship.  

I'm with the others; make your own crate and find a freight company.

I have no idea of your situation, of course, but if it was me, I'd load the beautiful work into the back of my truck, secure the load, and hit the road for a nice trip.
DURING THE RAGING PANDEMIC?!!!

Simon
In the early 1970s I worked for a company that made structural insulated panels (SIPS) though that term had not come into being at that time.

It had a skin of thin aluminum on both sides of a cardboard honeycomb.  It was incredibly strong, but easily dented.

We always shipped using a moving company.  They would schedule it with a move going in the same direction.  Call a couple of  moving companies and see if they can do the same. 

No special packing.  They will wrap in furniture blankets and they are accustomed to handling furniture.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
What about UShip? I know the stupid stuff that goes on TV "reality" show but it is a real business and from what I see you don't pay if it doesn't arrive on time or in one piece. Anyway, an option
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Bunch of YouTube videos with suggestions.  They helped me when I shipped something massive
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
I finally decided to ship my side table by UPS.  The man at the UPS store was very helpful and used great care in crating it.  He wrapped the piece in bubble wrap, including the top and bottoms of the feet.  Then he put it into a heavy gauge box.  Next he constructed a larger box about an inch on each side larger than the first box.  He put the first box in the second box and filled the space with peanuts.  I made him show me the wrapped table before he but it into the boxes.  I insured the table for $2000.00.  It cost almost $300.00 to ship it to Montana but it arrived undamaged. Thanks for everyone's advice.
(08-08-2020, 06:09 PM)artj Wrote: I finally decided to ship my side table by UPS.  The man at the UPS store was very helpful and used great care in crating it.  He wrapped the piece in bubble wrap, including the top and bottoms of the feet.  Then he put it into a heavy gauge box.  Next he constructed a larger box about an inch on each side larger than the first box.  He put the first box in the second box and filled the space with peanuts.  I made him show me the wrapped table before he but it into the boxes.  I insured the table for $2000.00.  It cost almost $300.00 to ship it to Montana but it arrived undamaged. Thanks for everyone's advice.

You should be grateful for the packing service received from such a caring worker in these trying times. I'm glad the piece arrived without any issue.

Simon
(08-08-2020, 06:09 PM)artj Wrote: I finally decided to ship my side table by UPS.  The man at the UPS store was very helpful and used great care in crating it.  He wrapped the piece in bubble wrap, including the top and bottoms of the feet.  Then he put it into a heavy gauge box.  Next he constructed a larger box about an inch on each side larger than the first box.  He put the first box in the second box and filled the space with peanuts.  I made him show me the wrapped table before he but it into the boxes.  I insured the table for $2000.00.  It cost almost $300.00 to ship it to Montana but it arrived undamaged. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Thanks for the update.  I'm almost done with a cradle for my daughter and need to ship it to Tampa.  Think I'll at least give them an opportunity to see what it will cost and how they will package it.
Time is not measured by a watch, but by moments.
You can send this table via UPS or Hermes services. Take note that in terms of the global COVID-19 pandemic situation, the delivery cost may be higher than usual. Also, suppose you made some mistakes in filling the delivery form and didn't receive any notifications about your package delivery status. In that case, you can check the status at this online service https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.com/de/ instead of approaching UPS/Hermes customer care, because usually, it takes a long time to fix the issue of this notification.
I would call a large national moving company.  They will move individual pieces.  No special packing is required.  

The large national companies have other items going to locations all the time.  They will add it to a manifest.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.