Maytag gas oven issue-- video included
I have a maytag natural gas oven, came with my house--probably 15(ish) years old?

I've been having an issue recently where it takes a LONG time to get to temperature.  I watched some videos and am thinking it might be the igniter, although the flame does eventually come on, it takes about 4 mins from the time the igniter starts glowing until the flame kicks on initially. 

I ran the oven again with the door shut, and it seemed to behave better the next time-- still took a long time to initially light, but is this the normal process?
Turn oven on
Igniter comes on
Flame kicks on, runs until it gets to desired temp
Flame and igniter turn off for a min or two
Igniter turns back on
Flame kicks in again and runs for a min or two to maintain temp
Flame and igniter turn back off...
cycle repeats

Is this normal?

Other times i hear it hissing over and over again-- when i had the door off, i observed this-- what would cause this to happen?

Would replacing the igniter help this or what else would cause this?

Colin
Here's one thought: has your gas supply been disconnected in the recent past? If so, it's possible that they did not bleed all the air out of the supply lines. Your gas company could certainly check into it.
(07-22-2020, 01:21 PM)dg152 Wrote: Here's one thought: has your gas supply been disconnected in the recent past?  If so, it's possible that they did not bleed all the air out of the supply lines.  Your gas company could certainly check into it.

The range top has been functioning properly all along, as well as the broiler (that kicked on in about 39 seconds after the top igniter kicked on)
My Water heater, and Dryer are both functioning fine.... haven't had any work done.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Colin