Back button
It's bad enough that the back button on my mouse doesn't work on this forum, but now the back button on upper left of the screen has disappeared too! You can still go back a page if you click on where the back arrow used to be.

Confused
Confused
Confused
My back button quit working here about a month ago also. Nowhere else do I have this problem.
The back arrow button is working on the brave browser but not when using chrome?? Mouse button doesn't work with either
(07-22-2020, 03:05 PM)Nick Obermire Wrote: It's bad enough that the back button on my mouse doesn't work on this forum, but now the back button on upper left of the screen has disappeared too! You can still go back a page if you click on where the back arrow used to be.

Confused
Confused
Confused

(07-22-2020, 05:28 PM)Nick Obermire Wrote: The back arrow button is working on the brave browser but not when using chrome?? Mouse button doesn't work with either

It sounds like part of the problem might be a disconnect between your mouse configuration software and your browser. The standard MS and linux configs do not have a back button on a 2-button or a 3-button mouse.

It sounds like a patch/update to your OS, to Chrome, or to your mouse software broke a link. If you are running MSwin, then I would suggest going through the config for your mouse software and see if you find the config for interacting with Chrome.

In Chrome, is the problem only here or is there an issue on other sites as well?

Is the back button in the top left there in the Brave browser?

There have been lots of changes to the Chrome browser lately. As far as I can see, the WN config has not changed for many months.

I will be happy to work with you to see if we can identify the source of the issues.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-22-2020, 03:43 PM)Bluepine Wrote: My back button quit working here about a month ago also. Nowhere else do I have this problem.

Does the Backspace key on the keyboard still take you back?

What OS, browser, and mouse software are you using?

Which back button quit working for you?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I always open a second screen, then close it when done. Then continue with the first screen which has New Posts.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

In the brave browser the back arrow on the screen appears and works however the mouse and keyboard button don't (this website only). However they work everywhere else.

In chrome the the back arrow is gone on all sites but still works (must be a chrome problem). The mouse and keyboard button don't work here but do work everywhere else. This behavior is the same on both of my computers using different mice.
Win 10 and Chrome. The back button on my mouse hasn't worked on this forum since the software update, the back arrow in the browser does work. Specifically, when going back from within a post--say back to that forum topic page or from page 2 to page 1 the back button will not work.

No issues on any other site.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Win10 and FF on my notepad, and WinXP with FF on this machine.
Back buttons work on both, but I seldom use a back button.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Win 10 and Edge, back button just stopped working HERE.