Back button
(07-27-2020, 01:43 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Win10 and FF on my notepad, and WinXP with FF on this machine.
Back buttons work on both, but I seldom use a back button.

Because we both know, you can never go back.
Still trying to get more data.

How is the "back button" on your mouses defined?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-28-2020, 09:44 PM)iclark Wrote: How is the "back button" on your mouses defined?

? I don't know what you mean. The back buttons on my mouse and keyboard do not work on this board. All the other buttons on my mouse and keyboard still work properly. The mouse and keyboard buttons work fine everywhere else in the WWW. The back arrow button on the screen still works.

Thanks for attempting to fix the problem.

Nick
I have a forward and back button located on the left side of my mouse.
(07-29-2020, 02:18 PM)Nick Obermire Wrote: ?  I don't know what you mean. The back buttons on my mouse and keyboard do not work on this board. All the other buttons on my mouse and keyboard still work properly. The mouse and keyboard buttons work fine everywhere else in the WWW. The back arrow button on the screen still works.

Thanks for attempting to fix the problem.

Nick

I have used one-button, two-button, and three-button mice. None of them ever had a back button in windows or linux unless the mouse manufacturer included driver software that let you define the function of the different buttons.

I never spent time with a mouse with 4 or more buttons. Those >3 buttons will be defined by drivers from the manufacturer.

If the button stopped working here in the last few months, then, as far as I can find, that happened without any changes  here.

I would suggest doing a search of you application directories for files dated about the time that your back button and backspace button quit working here.

I am assuming that your keyboard back button is the backspace key. If it is something else, then your keyboard is also running under specialty driver software.

If you are running windows, then I would double check the mouse config in the control panel or see if there is any software in the start tree with the same name as that of the mouse.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(07-29-2020, 04:15 PM)Bluepine Wrote: I have a forward and back button located on the left side of my mouse.

Thanks. I have never used mice with more than 3 buttons. I do recall some with 5 or 7 buttons and some with ~15 buttons.

Since the software here has not changed for months as far as I can find, I would check your application directories for files that changed about the time that your back button quit working.

Sorry, but I don't have a better suggestion for you.

(07-29-2020, 08:34 PM)iclark Wrote: Sorry, but I don't have a better suggestion for you.

No worries, I can always use the screen back arrow to get around the forum anyway.

I appreciate that you did try. It's not the end of the world if my mouse button doesn't work.

Thanks!