O poor me!
Just looked at DUMB-POLACK's post about the dresser he made for his daughter (which is beautiful BTW) and brought to mind an old memory that still makes me angry.

About 8-10 years ago I built my daughter a complete BR suite with RO. A queen bed, 2 night stands, a dresser and an armoire. I also built my 2 GDs a bed and dresser. They decided to move back to Ak and sold everything which knowing her & her husband probably got Wal Maret prices for everything in 2015. I still can't get over it. I am a Christian and do my best to live a Christian live and do the right thing to forgive, just not successful at it.

Jim
Jim
Our daughter knows if she ever wants to get rid of it, it comes home!
Dumber than I appear
Oh that hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My kids have not done that ........YET.  After you are able to forgive, it may be harder to forget.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(07-25-2020, 09:44 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Just looked at DUMB-POLACK's post about the dresser he made for his daughter (which is beautiful BTW) and brought to mind an old memory that still makes me angry.

About 8-10 years ago I built my daughter a complete BR suite with RO. A queen bed, 2 night stands, a dresser and an armoire. I also built my 2 GDs a bed and dresser. They decided to move back to Ak and sold everything which knowing her & her husband probably got Wal Maret prices for everything in 2015. I still can't get over it. I am a Christian and do my best to live a Christian live and do the right thing to forgive, just not successful at it.

Jim

Jim, did you mention to her that there was a secret drawer with several gold coins?

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I would not appreciate that either. Don't have any idea if any of my kids will keep any of my handiwork, but if I build something specific for them, they better keep it til I am not around. I have a stepsister that would have sold it though.
I don't really have a policy that would cover this situation in my family.

If I did, it would go something like this:  The first one is free.  The second one is fair market value and probably not at the top of the list.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
LOML odes counted cross stitch, quilting, pillows, pillow cases, and various sewing projects for family members. I make memory boxes for the girls(nieces, so far) when they marry.  LOML sometimes spends hundreds of hours on a quilt/baby blanket and lately I have been trying to convince her some relatives just do not deserve her work----they do not appreciate the gift, much less how much time she invests. She is currently working on a baby blanket---has over 200 hours in it with another hundred or so to go. The original intended recipient no longer speaks to us.
Raised I think she has decided the blanket will go to someone else.
(07-25-2020, 07:57 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Jim, did you mention to her that there was a secret drawer with several gold coins?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Good idea Derek. I think I'll do that in the near future.

Jim
Jim
I think the biggest pain I get is the furniture I made for my GDs as heirlooms. I told her "I made them for the girls not for you".

Oh, did I mention? They moved knowing her mother had terminal cancer and died a few months later. And now she is into Devil worshipping, I feel really bad for the daughter that still lives with them.

Ok, enough. Back to ww things.

Jim
Jim
As much as that hurts, you gifted it to her, so she gets to decide what to do with it. I have no illusions that anything I make for my family will become heirlooms handed down from generation to generation. What I want and what they want are two different things. Doesn't mean I get disappointed from time to time. I just don't dwell on things I have no power to change.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill