Moving a sink
(07-26-2020, 09:38 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: The sink looks to be 8" to the left of the panel (with the cover off).

The vertical pipe that the washer and sink drain into is not topped by a vent.  That whole pipe is drainage.  There's a tube tied into the top of the pipe that is the drain for my water softener/purification system.

Regarding the drain setup, is this what I should mimic?  (2:19 mark).

Something more like this. Just a quick google search and pic grab. 

[Image: rGQg3.jpg]
Not much structure left in those studs....
VH07V  
(07-26-2020, 09:38 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: The sink looks to be 8" to the left of the panel (with the cover off).

Being that 0" to the left with the cover off would be legal as far as working space goes, I'd say you can move that sink and still not have an NEC violation.  Article 110.26 doesn't mention proximity of sinks or grounded surfaces for the side clearances; only for depth, which you seem to have an unlimited amount.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Looking at that setup, I'm surprised you don't get suds coming in the l/t and inlet at which the washer discharges.
(07-27-2020, 04:42 PM)Flat Lander Wrote: Looking at that setup, I'm surprised you don't get suds coming in the l/t and inlet at which the washer discharges.

We're still running back and forth between the house and apartment and haven't run a load of laundry yet.
(07-27-2020, 04:42 PM)Flat Lander Wrote: Looking at that setup, I'm surprised you don't get suds coming in the l/t and inlet at which the washer discharges.

I thought the same thing.  But in my experience, there would be evidence in the sink if this was happening.

I understand why the sink is plumbed that way, but I think it could be done better.  OTOH, I just opened up the wall in my basement behind the sink and the way I plumbed it was madness.