Leaf Gutter Guards
I don't think so. There was the Hallet I bought, then there's the Gutter Helmet, then there was one more brand that the name escapes me at the moment. There's also no end of non-branded copies that are quite similar. there's a newer version advertised me called Leaf Guard. But it seems to be the older stuff integrated with the gutter itself (I guess).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-27-2020, 08:16 AM)fredhargis Wrote: We used to live in the woods (literally) and had several large Oak and Hickory trees over shadowing the house, and even a fir tree. When I had to gutters replaced I went with something called Hallet Gutter Guard. It's not any different than several other makes, a solid covering that rolls over at the edge to allow the water into the gutter and keep the leaves/debris out. It actually worked really well, the biggest problem I had was when some kind of wren found a way under the cover and built it's nest right on top of the downspout drain. At the time I was considering one I liked a lot better called Waterloov (you can search that) but because they had a patent that was unbreakable (apparently) it was extremely expensive. Since then I think that patent expired and there are several copies on the market.

I have read online that these kinds of gutter guards allow a place for wasps and hornets nests and other problems.  No personal experience, I have to admit that I have always been skeptical of how they work when we get some of the gully washers around here.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
How about these instead??

https://www.amazon.com/Guttermaster-Clas...ag=mh0b-20
John T.
(07-27-2020, 12:20 PM)pprobus Wrote: I have read online that these kinds of gutter guards allow a place for wasps and hornets nests and other problems.  No personal experience, I have to admit that I have always been skeptical of how they work when we get some of the gully washers around here.

We didn't have any wasp problems, but you do make a good point about the gully washers. The slope of the roof may effect how well any of these work....my roof was a more gentle 4/12. If someone has a 6/12 pitch the water may be moving to fast the go around the curl....but that's a guess on my part.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
We have the micromesh guards from Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gutter-Guard.../300276095

I put these one 4 years ago when we got new roof and gutters.  Installation was pretty simple.  Haven't had to clean gutters since which I had to do several times a year before as there are a lot of trees large trees around always dropping something.  The only cleaning required is brushing the guards once a while to loosen up any stuck on dirt.  On lower roofs, this can be done from the ground using a floor broom installed backwards on the handle.  Instructions for the guards show how it's done.  Our roof is I believer 6/12 pitch and I don't recall ever seeing the water over shoot the guards.  We are in the Midwest so we get rain, sleet, snow, 100-degree weather.  So far no issues.
My only experience is with gutter guards on our first house. AsI recall they were plastic, and perhaps had been on there too long, but leaves got under them and then you couldn't get the leaves out. i ended up taking them all off.

Thanks everyone for chiming in, gives me a lot of leads and I'll be looking into all of this.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
We had Leaf Solution Pro installed about 3 years ago.

https://leafsolution.com/products-ls-pro
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
We had Guttermaxx gutters installed at our house, expensive but worth it.
WRT Valleys, anyone familiar with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Barnetts-Roof-Val...B07C43C313
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.