Cutoff Storage
I've been thinking about building some type of cutoff storage for hardwood and some plywood. Of course, there are a bunch of different ones that pop up with a search. I'm wondering what experience people have had with different styles here and what they would recommend. I'm trying to keep the use of floor space for it to a minimum. I have plenty of height to work with in the shop.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
This may not fit your criteria, but I built this one after I saw it on the Woodsmith show. It's worked fairly well, though like most storage areas it quickly became too small.

Attached Files Image(s)

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
This is what I have been using for the past few years.

Not sure where I found the basic concept (not my design).  I have since modified it by added 2 more cross pieces (4 more casters).   

One side has a clamp rack.  The other side for sheet goods (resting on the cross pieces)

On the far left side & "middle left" I store vertical pieces.  The rest are horizontal storage, with removal from the right side (narrow end)

Hope it gives you a few other ideas

-Brian

Attached Files Image(s)

I have wall storage for lumber so it sits horizontally.

The top “shelves “ are just metaL conduit the rough sawn lumber lays on.

The bottom tier I laid a piece of ply across, then added two or three more shelves on top each about 6” high

My shorts can fit on that Bottom shelf perpendicular to the width of the rack. Longer shorts go in a wheeled 2’ x 3’ box with a Couple of dividers.

The horizontal shelf-within-a-shelf I Organize by species.

Hopefully it makes sense.

Mike
Several years ago I made a cart that would hold fulls 4 X 8 sheet goods on 1 side and boxes similar to the one Fred shows. But it got in the way over the years even though it was on wheels. Like just about every shop, room is at a premium. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Jim
Jim
Vertical filing cabinets work good for milled offcut and drops.
I have a bunch of Hon’s I got free.
Works great for stuff about 24” long.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Fred, do you have a plan for that one?

Thanks,

Doug
Doug, I have the PDF file that Woodsmith gave me. I can e mail it if you like. (PM your address)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-03-2020, 10:23 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Doug, I have the PDF file that Woodsmith gave me. I can e mail it if you like. (PM your address)

PM sent Fred - thanks!

Doug