Anyone own a front loading Kenmore washer? leaking while running
Specifically Model # 796.4027.2900?

Ours leaked a little bit the other day and it flashed code "bE" (with the "belly" of the "b" only having the top and bottom bar (in block letter).  Looked in the manual and it said to shut it off for 1 minute.  We did that and it then worked fine.   Used it this AM and the same results with the same code.  The manual says if it happens again to call for service.  Ours is about 6-7 years old.

A little Googling and YTing, and I think the drain pump is shot.  Found another video on how to repair it.

Anyone ever change theirs on their front loader?  I'm not afraid to attempt it, but I'd like to be sure this is the issue.
Dumber than I appear
Have you cleaned the drain filter basket under the drum recently?  That's the first thing I'd check, as it has to be done somewhat regularly.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(07-29-2020, 12:39 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Have you cleaned the drain filter basket under the drum recently?  That's the first thing I'd check, as it has to be done somewhat regularly.

Yes, that's clean
Dumber than I appear
Well, it was worth a shot.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(07-29-2020, 01:12 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Well, it was worth a shot.  
Laugh

Well, let me re-phrase that.  After you wrote that I remembered that I pulled it out yesterday and it appeared clean.   I took it out today and squirted it clean with the hose.  (I'd say it was 20% blocked).  I'm running another load and it will be done in 4 minutes and no water on the floor.   Let's hope your suggestion does the trick.
Dumber than I appear