Holly interesting discount
How this for a drastic price reduction, picture says it all. $5750 down to $575

Attached Files Image(s)

What the Heck, Give it a Try
Move that decimal one more space to the left and we have a deal!
Laugh
Since it's normally $30/bf, that's a pretty good deal. The original price is their NORMAL price for Holly.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(08-03-2020, 10:59 AM)AHill Wrote: Since it's normally $30/bf, that's a pretty good deal.  The original price is their NORMAL price for Holly.

Having trouble reading the text in the graphic, but it sorta sounds like this is their reject pile holly: cutoffs, warped, and knotty.

Is $30/bf their normal price for low-grade holly?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Let me try a copy/ paste to go direct to item https://store.hearnehardwoods.com/?s=Hol...e_aws=true
What the Heck, Give it a Try
I substitute maple where holly is more traditionally called for (white wood strips between teak planking).

[Image: Bell-floor.jpg]
Wood is good. 
(08-03-2020, 02:29 PM)iclark Wrote: Having trouble reading the text in the graphic, but it sorta sounds like this is their reject pile holly: cutoffs, warped, and knotty.

Is $30/bf their normal price for low-grade holly?

Their price list doesn't distinguish between grades.  It just says $30/BF.  If it truly is cutoffs, I still think it's a good deal, since holly is often used for stringing, inlays, etc. and you don't need long, thick boards to do that.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
If these are cutoffs, I'd like to see what they came from.  Ad says they're 6-7 feet long, 6-10" wide, 191 bf.  With the defect you wouldn't end up with usable pieces that size, but still a lot of material here for roughly $3/bf.
The extraordinary thing about holly is its color and these boards do not really have it; they are all blue stained to a degree. This is a common defect in holly (along with warping which also they acknowledge) and while it does not detract from holly's favorable (to me) working characteristics, it does disqualify it as usable for the things we usually use holly for: stringing and contrast. 

So what is it good for? Not sure. If I knew I'd be using more of the blue stained holly I have from my kind neighbor.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Ya know what? They just fixed a typo!
Laugh
Winkgrin
Simon