AAW board election
Just a shout for Rick Baker. Member of all the local clubs here and has been working tirelessly to get many local shops and clubs up and running for virtual demos.

Thanks
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

(08-07-2020, 05:30 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: Just a shout for Rick Baker. Member of all the local clubs here and has been working tirelessly to get many local shops and clubs up and running for virtual demos.

Thanks

Has Rick been on the board before?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(08-07-2020, 07:04 PM)iclark Wrote: Has Rick been on the board before?

He is currently a committee member, mainly responsible for this years virtual symposium. He is also president of the Mid Atlantic Woodturning Symposium, no funny stuff on that board if you know what I mean.

Dry Creek Woodturning

If I was still a member I would vote for him on your sayso just because.  I quite because of the other guy the fink.
Angry
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(08-07-2020, 08:45 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: He is currently a committee member, mainly responsible for this years virtual symposium. He is also president of the Mid Atlantic Woodturning Symposium, no funny stuff on that board if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the info. Despite my issues with some of the virtual symposium problems, I won't hold that against him (on your say-so). I definitely understand about the board. I expressed some of my feeling about to the woman in the office when I renewed the 3 AAW memberships that I pay for.

He just moved to the top of my ballot.

Since we are only electing 2 candidates (the <bleep> board gets to select the 3rd), do you have a recommendation for a 2nd worthwhile candidate?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Just voted, you get to pick 3. Rick is the only current member. I went with Linda Britt and Jay Brown after some discussion with my locals.

Dry Creek Woodturning