Norse Woodsmith web site?
Hey guys. long time no see. I've been involved with my other pursuits and wood working has taken a back seat to them.

I was trying to send a link to a buddy of mine who just started sharpening saws and found that the link was no longer valid. There was this great article on sharpeneing Leif's NorseWoodsmith site and now I can't find the site. Has that site disappeared?

Thanks,
Dominic
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?

.pdf   Norse Woodsmith on Sloped Gullets.pdf (Size: 194.41 KB / Downloads: 560)
.pdf   Norse Woodsmith on Sloped Gullets.pdf (Size: 194.41 KB / Downloads: 560)
.pdf   NORSE WOODSMITH ON SAW SHARPENING.pdf (Size: 395.65 KB / Downloads: 401)
(08-11-2020, 02:13 PM)Blacky Wrote: Hey guys. long time no see. I've been involved with my other pursuits and wood working has taken a back seat to them.

I was trying to send a link to a buddy of mine who just started sharpening saws and found that the link was no longer valid. There was this great article on sharpeneing Leif's NorseWoodsmith site and now I can't find the site. Has that site disappeared?

Thanks,
Dominic

Dominic:  I don't know, but here are two pdfs of a couple of articles; don't know if I attached them properly, so let's see.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(08-11-2020, 02:22 PM)Admiral Wrote: Dominic:  I don't know, but here are two pdfs of a couple of articles; don't know if I attached them properly, so let's see.

Ok, figured it out, only posted one twice but that's ok.
Dang Dominic, you just reminded me that I still have a sawplate and back from you that I need to turn into a saw. Nice to see you back, even if its just passing through.
I “unpublished” all of my personal content on the site several months ago...  I am continuing to aggregate my favorite blogs by others on the site, that hasn’t changed.  Only content authored by me has been taken down.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com/

It’s actually due to my working on an upgrade to the site software.  The current version was scheduled to end-of-life early next year and I’ve been having difficulty upgrading the existing content to the newer version, so have removed it to make the transition easier.

The upgrade is proving more difficult than I hoped, and I’ve been struggling with technical issues a bit beyond my current abilities.  I am pretty sure I can get it figured out but it will take some time given my current work schedule.  The scheduled EOL for the software has subsequently been pushed back a year, so my efforts to upgrade don’t have the same urgency they did earlier this year.

Once the upgrade is completed I may “re-publish” select articles, I’m not sure yet.  I’m not an expert in woodworking, just an enthusiast - and so there are inaccuracies in some I’m not sure I wish to propagate.
The wrong kind of non-conformist.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com
Nordic, good luck with your upgrade. I'm not very computer savvy and technical issues drive me nuts. I don't envy you your task. I hope you decide to republish your stuff. I've always enjoyed it and I never noticed any serious inaccuracies, at least none that gave me any grief.
(08-16-2020, 12:29 AM)Nordic Wrote: I “unpublished” all of my personal content on the site several months ago...  I am continuing to aggregate my favorite blogs by others on the site, that hasn’t changed.  Only content authored by me has been taken down.

I hope you don't mind me recirculating those two articles; I found them very good which is why I took the trouble to save them.
(08-16-2020, 02:38 PM)Admiral Wrote: I hope you don't mind me recirculating those two articles; I found them very good which is why I took the trouble to save them.

no worries!  
Cool
The wrong kind of non-conformist.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com
your really should republish the saw making article. It led me and many others the way!

Cheers
Pedder
Thanks buddy!
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?