Stuck Lawnmower Wheel
$50 isn't bad for a complete assm considering what tires often cost. You can knock out the bearings measure them and order a pair as well. A local bearing shop would have them as well but most likely at many times the price online.

Mower tires are quite pricey compared to car tires. I had to replace the ties on my dump trailer for the mower they are 16x6.5/ 8 (between the size of front and rear tires on a riding mower) and I was lucky enough to find a pair on amazon for $20 a piece. They are over twice that locally for the garbage brand ones they carry.

I was looking at that mower and that is an interesting one. Never seen one like it before. Course walk behind commercial mowers are very rare here and no one knows the term grandstander here either. Everything here is a sit down ZTR with Gravely being the most common brand here.
Thanks. I’m going to try to replace the bearings. I’m hoping someone here knows whether I need to remove the flanges before I press the bearing out.

I got the bushing out. The bearings look to be in good shape, just rusty. I’m going to try pb blaster and grease

(08-15-2020, 01:32 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I got the bushing out.  The bearings look to be in good shape, just rusty.  I’m going to try pb blaster and grease

Grease it more often, water is getting in.   I bet is was quite a while since it saw grease.  Roly
I bought a gallon can of WD-40 years ago and I soak rusty parts in it, and then return the WD-40 to the container.  Left overnight it seems to work wonders on stuck stuff.  I also use it on the padlock I use for the pool fence.  It is good for a year or more before it gets sticky again.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Oh, one thing I learned is that at least this wheel the wheel rim is 2 halves, held in place by the bolts that bolt the hub to it. So, if you unbolt the hub without deflating the tire, things go boom. I wasn't hurt, just startled. I got lucky, the vise contained most of it. I suppose it makes changing a tire easier, and it's probably cheaper to make.

(08-17-2020, 12:32 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Oh, one thing I learned is that at least this wheel the wheel rim is 2 halves, held in place by the bolts that bolt the hub to it.  So, if you unbolt the hub without deflating the tire, things go boom.  I wasn't hurt, just startled.  I got lucky, the vise contained most of it.  I suppose it makes changing a tire easier, and it's probably cheaper to make.

Split rings on trucks are also nicknamed "suicide rims".  Dangerous.  You would think that for liability reasons they would abandon the split rim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Dp-XfEoRs
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
They use a split rim because it's stronger than a rolled rim. The standard rolled steel wheel that used to be used on most passenger cars is not very strong. It's cheap and works. Steel rims easily bend whereas aluminum wheels are much stiffer. 2 and 3 piece wheels are much stronger and when it comes to large heavy equipment they are the only way to go. 

If you look at steel rims on a balancer you would be surprised at how many cars on the road are driving on bent rims. Daughters toyota rims were bad enough that they had to be replaced and the better halfs airport car really needs 2 replaced and they are bad enough that they should cause a vibration but don't so it isn't getting new wheels. Next time you are in discount tire ask the tire guy how many bent steel rims he sees. You might be surprised.
Last night I plugged one end of the hub, sprayed in some PB Blaster, spun the hub to get it distributed as best I could, plugged the other end and let it soak overnight. checking it this morning with the bushing inserted again it spins. I'll make sure I grease it up nicely.