Squaring arm for track saw
There is another that make a similar square. Not from festool another company all together. I think they may work on dewalt saws.
(08-25-2020, 07:34 AM)Cooler Wrote: I have two aluminum 48" rulers (Empire, I believe).  An a couple of sets of stops for framers' squares.  I set the stops on both rulers to the identical length and then use a spring clamp to fasten it to the stock.  Once I have the track in place I lock it down with track clamps. 

I do have to remove the rulers before I make a cut (I always measure on the cut side--I like to avoid doing math).

I seem to be getting table saw accuracy using this system.

The whole setup probably cost less than $30.00.  I also use the stops and rulers as an adjustable story stick.
[Image: s-l225.jpg]
Good idea.  Beats the heck of out $300+ for the parallel guides I might use once a month.

Did you cut the rulers to account for the offset from track edge to kerf?  

Been thinking about something like these, relocate the knob hole to the center, and add guides to keep it square as you slide it.

Maybe even figure out a clip that would attach it to rail.

Whatcha think, Cooler?
(08-25-2020, 09:46 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Good idea.  Beats the heck of out $300+ for the parallel guides I might use once a month.

Did you cut the rulers to account for the offset from track edge to kerf?  

Been thinking about something like these, relocate the knob hole to the center, and add guides to keep it square as you slide it.

Maybe even figure out a clip that would attach it to rail.

Whatcha think, Cooler?

I just press the end of the ruler against the guide rail splinter guard.  It is hard to see, but easy to feel.    I generally put the rule at the cut edge, so squareness is not an issue.  The adjustable square you are showing has limited travel (about 24").  The brass stops can be placed anywhere along the ruler.  (And it is cheaper).

For smaller pieces I have a 36" rule, but it is a much lighter gauge.

I am thinking of buying two more 48" rules and cutting them down to 24".  It would be much handier when making narrower cuts.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.