Delta 6 inch Variable Speed Grinder for Sharpening
Getting a new small Excelsior lathe. Unfortunately I sold off my last grinder and One Way sharpening jig when we moved to Florida. Yeah that was pretty dumb of me. Lol. Lowe’s has the 6 inch Delta Variable speed grinder. Will this work fine for my lathe tools? It’s listed at 2000 rpm for the low speed. Thanks!!

I should mention that I have a Worksharp 3000 with the wide angle tool rest. What are my options for sharpening those?
The smaller the wheel diameter, the deeper the concavity of the bevel. The deeper the bevel concave, the harder it is to ride the bevel without burnishing the wood with the heel of the bevel.

If you were used to an 8" wheel grinder before, my guess is that you will not be happy switching to a 6" wheel.

Woodcraft is running a sale right now on the low-speed 8" Rikon grinder. It is the lower HP version without the light.

Since you are starting your turning sharpening setup from scratch, you might want to take a look at the Sorby belt sharpener or see if you can find a good deal on a used Tormek with turning attachments. If you happen to have a Shopsmith, they make a conversion kit for their 1" strip sander to convert it to a belt sharpener.

Depending on where you are in FL, there might be a turning club nearby with members who are either looking to upgrade their sharpening or retire from woodworking.

I seem to remember that there used to be an attachment available for the Worksharp 3000 to allow the use of Tormek accessories on the top surface. If I were going to use the Tormek gouge sharpening attachment on the Worksharp, I would want to only do it with the gouge bare steel (no handle attached).
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Always advise buying a bench grinder locally in most cases easier to exchange get a refund. Been using 6” fat body Sears grinder to sharpen my tools for over 25 years. If that dies would like an 8” grinder with 1 HP motor & high speed okay for me.

If have a woodcraft store locally that Rikon grinder might be a better deal.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/rikon...0676000002#

Looking at the Delta same grinder has either 3 or 4 ½ star reviews for same grinder! Only thing like about that grinder is slim body when compared to Porter Cable.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=bench+grinder#
Bill
You don't need a slow-speed grinder. Oneway recommends high speed for their Wolverine jigs. And the old adage applies: Use what you got.
My first grinder almost 40 years ago was a double shaft 50 cycle washing machine motor. Still have it, with buffing wheels on it.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
Thanks on all the advice. I have a $100 gift card for Lowe’s. I think I’ll look at those top 2 grinders in your list.
Right now I have the rikon 1/2hp and it is pretty gutless and would not get it again.  Stops when to much metal is presented to the CBN wheel.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.