Forest Sharpening Service PSA
Off subject but, what was the name of the guy that did the sharpening and posted on here? Wasn't he in Arizona or something. I can't remember his name.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I do not know if there are many people who truly do not care for Forrest blades but there are many who think that you can get just as good of a cut with one of many blades priced at half or less than a Forrest blade. This I partly agree with. I am happy with the 2 that I have but am going to buy a Ridge next just to see...
-brew
(09-02-2020, 12:58 PM)AHill Wrote: Maybe I'm living under a rock.  This is the first thread I've ever read where someone said he didn't like Forrest blades.  I find them to be excellent blades.  I've never had an issue with any of them.  I've tried Freud Fusion blades as well.  They are nice, but I think the Forrest blades (full kerf) are more vibration tolerant.

Who said they didn't like forrest blades ?  
Confused
I own 3 WWII's (make that 4 - forgot my chop saw!) and they are basically in a rotation between my shop and Forrest when they need sharpening. I always have at least one that is freshly sharpened and ready to go. I have had them sharpened multiple times. Wouldn't own any other blade for general purpose work.
(09-02-2020, 09:08 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Who said they didn't like forrest blades ?  
Confused

Maybe "didn't like" was a bit strong.  Museumguy said he didn't think much of Forrest and brewmaster said he didn't think they were worth the money.  I interpret those statement as indifference at best, but certainly not an endorsement of Forrest.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Good to hear.

Just got notified my Dado King is on its way back.

I picked up the dado set and a WWII blade at an estate sale both for 20 bucks [gloat]
If I said I didn't think they were worth the money, I didn't mean that. My feeling is that there is an argument to be made that you can get as good of a cut with a blade that was half the price. They are great blades but "worth" is subjective. I own two and will buy them again.
-brew
As for my not liking Forrest blades, it's just my opinion based on over 35 years working in professional shops. We had a tendency to use other brands. Let me reiterate, "my opinion". Just as many of you love them, I have preferences for other brands.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I had a couple WW2 blades that I gave away. Shipping back and forth was just too high.
VH07V  
(09-07-2020, 03:24 AM)EightFingers Wrote: I had a couple WW2 blades that I gave away. Shipping back and forth was just too high.

USPS flat rate boxes make sending blades economical.