what kind of tree is this??
It's likely an aspen tree. There are many, many different species in the populous family, including cottonwood. When young they can often be mistaken for birch. They have smooth, white bark that becomes furrowed at the base of the tree as they age. Cottonwoods will have deeply furrowed bark and do not have the so-called "split personality". A picture of the leaf would make for a more specific ID.

Here's an interesting fact about many of the species in the populous family: The stem of the leaf is flattened instead of round. This causes the leaves to wave back and forth in the wind and give aspen and cottonwood trees their characteristic sound of leaves in the wind.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
(08-02-2021, 02:18 PM)ginawilson Wrote: In my opinion, it's a poplar tree. It is most often used for landscaping the streets of cities and villages. With modern gardeners, the tree has not taken root much, even despite its rapid growth. The reason is the poplar down, which flies everywhere. It is a fascinating plant, which professional landscape designers pay attention to. You won't believe it, but there is a silver poplar! And it looks incredible. I tried to grow such a poplar in my street, but it was tough to do. The climate is not correct. I even went to DELETED to save it.

SPAMMER....

BAM !!!
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]