Couple band saw boxes
(09-10-2020, 01:28 PM)Terry W Wrote: Time to dig through the scrap bin and see if I can find a likely hunk of wood big enough.

Terry
You don't need a big chunk. The ones I posted were made from construction 4x4's--cedar and doug fir. Finishing one right now that I'll post photos later--it is glued up cherry and maple.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(09-08-2020, 09:20 PM)shoottmx Wrote: Fred: Thanks, I'm finding these to be enjoyable work.

Arlin: Thanks, there's a few more in the pipeline

Steve: True, but I learn slowly. Real slowly.

Bill: The process appears to be easy but it must make one he**uva mess.

g

I flock my box and bandsaw box parts in a medium Rubbermaid storage tub.  Once I have shot the flocking on with the cardboard tube, I lay the top on the tub to keep dust and debris off the parts until they dry.  OVER flock every piece, extra coverage while your base paint is wet.  (You'll thank me later.). You don't waste flocking.  Any flocking that doesn't set in the base, you recover.

I allow twelve to twenty four hours drying time, then invert each piece in the tub and tap them several times to release the unattached flocking.  I pour the recovered flocking back into the bag.

Once I'm done for that session, I store all my flocking in the tub and put it on the shelf til needed.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.