The Walnut You Never Knew
Interesting article on walnut, focused on gunstocks but some interesting background on the types of walnut, etc

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/the-walnu...ever-knew/
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
And thus.........Larry Potterfield ended/dismembered the long gunstock history here In Missouri.
All the old buildings still stand, different businesses occupying them.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-06-2020, 08:39 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: And thus.........Larry Potterfield ended/dismembered the long gunstock history here In Missouri.
All the old buildings still stand, different businesses occupying them.

I prefer the claro or Bastonge, myself, but often get plain old American walnut. Much less expensive. I seem to sneeze a lot when working with any kind of walnut, but do like the smell.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
(09-07-2020, 07:31 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: I prefer the claro or Bastonge, myself, but often get plain old American walnut. Much less expensive. I seem to sneeze a lot when working with any kind of walnut, but do like the smell.
Smile

I prefer the black or American.
Black has it's places though. Too dark for a lot of things.....furniture.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020