Parting Out a Dewalt DW705S
I had a Dewalt DW705S 12-inch compound miter saw that served me well for 20 years before the trunnion cracked. It is now stuck permanently at 90 degrees but still runs like a bat out of hell. Replaced it with a new Dewalt slider and have now decided I should "part" it out.

If anyone needs parts (other than the trunnion) for their DW705S, contact me via PM and I'll sell you what I have for a fair price if you cover the shipping costs.

I also have the DW7050 extension kit if anyone is interested.
(09-09-2020, 08:23 PM)TRW Wrote: I had a Dewalt DW705S 12-inch compound miter saw that served me well for 20 years before the trunnion cracked. It is now stuck permanently at 90 degrees but still runs like a bat out of hell. Replaced it with a new Dewalt slider and have now decided I should "part" it out.

If anyone needs parts (other than the trunnion) for their DW705S, contact me via PM and I'll sell you what I have for a fair price if you cover the shipping costs.

Your PM is disabled. What price for the extension?
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
(09-09-2020, 08:23 PM)TRW Wrote: I had a Dewalt DW705S 12-inch compound miter saw that served me well for 20 years before the trunnion cracked. It is now stuck permanently at 90 degrees but still runs like a bat out of hell. Replaced it with a new Dewalt slider and have now decided I should "part" it out.

I have a DW705 type 4 saw that needs a switch. The switch is unavailable, so repairing the saw requires buying a kit with a new housing to accommodate a slightly larger switch. If the switch from our two saws match, I'd be happy to buy yours. I could send you a pic of the switch in my saw. Thanks!