Garage Sale Morning...
Wound up going back to the same spot a couple more times, even...1st was a $2 trip, for a smallish hand plane...
Rolleyes

Stanley No. 31....24" long Jointer plane...the logo on the "nose" has a Stanley Rule & Level circle logo, with an Eagle....
Next trip?

Bishop No. 10....a center finder, and a small plane...

A Stanley No.3c ( mostly) Type 10-ish.....has a few issues..

Besides missing the iron and chipbreaker....wrong tote....it was using a block plane iron....
Parts.  Next and last trip..( besides a Grocery run to Kroger's..)

Strange looking saw set ($2) and..

8 Dies ( $2) to add to the "collection" I am trying to build a case for...

All told (apart from the Grocery bill) spent $12 this morning...the Bishop saw is 14" long.   the "Fine" teeth are almost worn away...the "rip" teeth are still very good...

IF I can get the body of the #31 flat...I can always rebuild a No. 28 that needs a few parts...as I already have another No. 31 in the shop...

We'll see how things go....
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice haul!

So, were there any super bargains at Kroger? 

Kroger bought one of our local all-plus-grocery chains a few years back. They finally finished their everything-but-nothing remodel. It feels like going to Ikea, with the follow-the-maize route. Nothing is in logical order.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Diet Mountain Dews....2lt Cokes, chips...Roast Beef for the Sammiches....
One of these days, Bandit, yer Missus will be holding her own yard sale, with all these goodies ya gathered!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(09-11-2020, 09:35 AM)Tony Z Wrote: One of these days, Bandit, yer Missus will be holding her own yard sale, with all these goodies ya gathered!

With that menu list from the store it's a certainty. Short of pop, it looks like mine.... ... Yikes!

The kicker with women and garage sales is, "take 'half-off' the listed". Around here every culture but indigenous (us born here) demands dickering. So, the $2  saw will be 75-cents. Unless Wife puts it into the "free" box.

Back to regularly scheduled program.....
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Waiting on paint to dry on the Stanley No. 3c, Type 10.....new handles....rust has been removed....has one small crack at the back edge of the mouth,,,nothing broken. 

Some of the parts for the Stanley No. 31 have been cleaned up....frame now has a primer coat of matte gray...awaiting a new can of black paint...have 2 frogs I can use..left hand threads, or the older right hand threads...
Confused 
Wood screws for the #31....need all new BIGGER ones....

Need to clear off the bench's top...and get out the No. 8 jointer plane....sole is in a bad way...need the No.8 to joint the wood sole flat...not sure a No. 7 will do..

The No.3c needed a iron/chipbreaker assembly....have a trashy Craftsman Francken Plane that donated.....

Film at 2300 hrs...
Winkgrin
I've owned one of those saw sets, but can't recall who made it.  Try here.
Saw set has been cleaned up..

That Stanley No.3c?

Has new handles, an iron and chipbreaker that fits....

There are 2 patent dates ..

sole was cleaned up...

The Stanley No. 31 has had it's frame cleaned up, and a coat of primer added..

Holes for the screws into the wood body were wallered out...will work on the body tomorrow...maybe.  
Or, maybe just work on the No. 10 saw..

May take it to the sharpening service I use....over in Piqua, OH....
(09-11-2020, 04:43 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: I've owned one of those saw sets, but can't recall who made it.  Try here.

Seems to be a Morrill #1B....for Fine teeth.....
Cool